maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Am looking to reduce spray during wet/muddy weather conditions on my Niken GT. Stumbled across Pyramid plastics out of the UK who carries a rear lip extender to help reduce overspray from the underside of the rear wheel. 

I've seen some folks make their own front fender extensions, and in the Niken Facebook page it looks like  may  be introducing front fender extenders soon.

Puig appears to have their own set of fender extenders.https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/mudguards/extenda-fenda?bike=30025 

Anyone else have options they can share?

FC57C0A3-0716-443C-9F3E-22AEF640122E.jpeg

0F426815-CF6E-425E-B893-6287E77025D0.jpeg

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

I put the Pyramid hugger extension on my Niken - looks nice but makes no difference. 

Reluctantly, and in the absence of a listed 'proper' front fender extender, I put rubber flaps on the end of the front fender.  They are very close to the ground without reversing over them.  Work really well in keeping the water/crap off your boots but are a triumph of form over fashion.

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, NikenLee said:

I put the Pyramid hugger extension on my Niken - looks nice but makes no difference. 

Reluctantly, and in the absence of a listed 'proper' front fender extender, I put rubber flaps on the end of the front fender.  They are very close to the ground without reversing over them.  Work really well in keeping the water/crap off your boots but are a triumph of form over fashion.

How long did you end up having to make them?

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

I fit fender extenders to all my bikes, and while they have to help a bit, I don't think they are that effective really (probably because the ends are rounded off).

The flaps are not elegant, but hugely reduce the crap thrown up on your boots.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1