New guy from Ontario

Heavy

Hey.  Figure I should step up and say hi.  Bought my 2020 GT about 2 weeks ago.  Really loving it.  I moved to north of Huntsville a couple of years ago and realized that, if you don't ride dirt/gravel, you don't have many roads to choose from so I picked myself up a 2018 CRF250 Rally.  Great little machine for the backroads and snowmobile trails around here.  Started to get the itch to do some traveling again and the Rally just wasn't cutting it as a highway machine.  Had lusted for an FJ/Tracer from the time the bike was introduced.  Finally broke down and overcame my resistance to having 2 bikes.  Found a blue GT with 12,000 kms on it for a fair price.  Feeling like I have a pretty perfect combination of bikes.

The season is pretty much done here and I'm already looking at destinations for the spring.

20211015_142240.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. I am in/through your area several times a year. A two bike setup looks ideal for your neck of the woods. I run 80/20 Shinko 705 at the moment for the reasons you mention, and it's worked out well for me this year for on and off pavement riding (no off-road per se). I might continue this setup for next season.

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, Heavy said:

The season is pretty much done here and I'm already looking at destinations for the spring.

Oh, I know the feeling.  I was going through my 2023 calendar last night planning road trips and vacation days throughout the year.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

8 hours ago, piotrek said:

Welcome to the forum. I am in/through your area several times a year. A two bike setup looks ideal for your neck of the woods. I run 80/20 Shinko 705 at the moment for the reasons you mention, and it's worked out well for me this year for on and off pavement riding (no off-road per se). I might continue this setup for next season.

Let me know when you're passing through next.

Bonus with the Shinkos is the price.  I had a set on my old V-Strom.

8 hours ago, betoney said:

Oh, I know the feeling.  I was going through my 2023 calendar last night planning road trips and vacation days throughout the year.

Vacation days?  I'm retired ... Life is all Saturdays.  😄

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...

Well, figure I might as well finish where I started.  The Tracer is gone.  I posted it up for sale and a guy offered me a very fair amount to take it off my hands.  Looking forward to focusing on putting miles on my Transalp.

Good luck and rubber side down to all.

20240313_164039.thumb.jpg.654941d49718c0ed8f3e152ee6a80eb5.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

1 hour ago, Rick123 said:

That was fast this time. Congratulations. Coming to Bancroft this year on new bike?

Planning on Bancroft ... weather dependent.  Roads up here are still covered with sand and salt.   We got a few inches of snow last night, which didn't help.

52 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

Isn't there a really good newly finished highway that runs east-west from Huntsville?  I think it's just north of town.  

?

• Haha 1