change default drive mode

reaperxtk

• Supporting Member

You can change the mode from the right side mode button but would need to do that every time the bike is started. For a permanent change to default to STD at startup would require an ECU flash.  … or you could ride it for awhile and get used to the power output. 
I have mine default to A mode and a smooth throttle input makes for a very smooth ride. 😎👍🏻

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 4 months later...

"A" mode doesn't magically produce more power; it just makes the throttle response more abrupt.

I believe "B" mode does reduce available power and softens power delivery, but "Standard" and "A" mode produce exactly the same peak power, just with different throttle response curves.

You can get used to it, I guess, and some people prefer it, but personally, I really, really hate "A" mode. 

As noted, the only fix for changing the default is a re-flash. If you're otherwise happy with the way it works, it would be best to figure out where the PO got it flashed and ask them; much of the time they'll charge a lot less for just changing a few parameters.

• Thumbsup 3