Finally... Mirrors and turn signals

prmurat

I finally decided to install some old Vmax, black, mirrors on my GT, ordered the blanking anodized parts for the stock mirrors and some hand guards with turn signals...  guards are touching the fairing when turning, so I cannot install them. Any idea for turn signals in place of the stock mirrors?Thks

• Supporting Member

I have these on my Niken and love them...

https://kiwavmotors.com/en/parts/controls/mirrors/road-naked/two-tone-led-neat-stem-mirrors-lucifer-black-universal-fit-detail

...and everything they say in the advert is true. Very good quality. I did a write up on the install in the Niken mirror turn signal thread.

• Supporting Member

I removed the stock mirrors and replaced them with spot led's. You could do the same and install aftermarket turn signals. In the first pic you can see the connectors after the stock mirror/turn signals were unplugged. The second pic shows my home made holder for the spots which would hold turn signals as you prefer. My hand guards are from the 2015-17 FJ-09 with the knuckle guard LED kit available on ebay.

Can you share where you got 'the blanking anodized parts for the stock mirrors' and maybe show installed pic?

Indicator wires.jpg

Spot lights.jpg

Light Upgrade.jpg

4001230697646.jpg

Light Upgrade 2.jpg

• Supporting Member

The FJ-09 Hand Guards work fine full left to right. I had to make some adjustments to the original brackets to make them work. I have  Pyramid Handguard Extensions   for install that will give me more coverage for the next few months with colder temps.

I don't see how your blue block off plates will cover the holes for the mirror delete. You can purchase some aluminum plate at Home Depot / Lowes and make some with a hacksaw, file and a drill.