2023 Tracer GT+ What do you think?

I like the dash much more. I hope the adaptive cruise doesn't suck. I rented a Camry a couple months ago, and it was awful. A car cutting in front 3-4 car lengths ahead resulted in the car slamming on the brakes on the highway. I have heard the Ducati adaptive cruise is actually very good and smooth. Hopefully Yamaha's is decent (and the adaptive part can be deactivated if desired...). 

I wish the color options were better. I really don't get Yamaha's fascination with the silver/black/blurple combination. At least it doesn't have orange or teal wheels like some of the MTs. 

• Thumbsup 1

I watched an early review of the new model and they mentioned also brake linkage between the front and rear. Also a new generation of quick shifter where you can shift during the adaptive CC. Supposedly better seat material too for improved weather reliability. Not sure it will improve the slope. Can't wait to see/read actual reviews on all the little "pluses" from our GT model.

Maybe I should've waited another year for the new Tracer but so far I'm happy with it especially after a few farkles and accessories. The dual screen I got used to but agree the menu wheel leaves me wondering if one can upgrade to the new thumb joystick. 

And obviously bump in price I think from $15K to ~ $16-17K?  If it's truly an improved model, anyone want to buy a lightly used '22 GT? ;)

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, robzilla said:

And obviously bump in price I think from $15K to ~ $16-17K?  If it's truly an improved model, anyone want to buy a lightly used '22 GT? ;)

I agree, $16k-$17k is getting into "premium" bike territory however, with all of these upgrades, the GT+ is still significantly cheaper than the very similar Kawasaki Versys SE LT + which is now $18,900 for 2023... and afaik, remains unchanged since 2020. 

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, ledruide said:

After looking Yamaha website , looks like the Tracer will be not available in US and Canada ? No Tracer in the 2023 lineup ! 

Is that on the Canadian site?  The US site doesn't list '23 models yet.  I cant believe it will be dropped, my dealer sells every Tracer he can get in stock.

• Supporting Member

Just thinking out loud here... Since the Tracer continually evolves more and more toward touring comfort/amenities and since the FJR1300 (and Honda's ST1300) has been discontinued, I really wish that they additionally offered the Tracer as a slightly larger package, maybe 1100cc along with the 900 and 700 Tracers, like Honda does with their adventure line, 500x, 750 Transalp and 1100 Africa Twin.

Owning both the smaller 900 and a larger VFR1200x adv/touring bike (and riding them back to back quite often), I enjoy having the option of a large, sturdy, planted, relaxed feel of a larger FJR, C14, Versys 1000 style bike while on longer highway road trips.  I find the larger VFR extremely agile, with exceptional handling and light steering and its weight only rears its ugly head when the engine is off and I am pushing into or pulling out of the garage.

I think a Tracer 1100 or 1200 GT+ would be awesome.  Am I crazy? 🤷‍♀️

• Thumbsup 4

17 minutes ago, betoney said:

Funny I was just thinking the same after seeing some of these new upgrades to the '23 Tracer, but also owning the '22 model and a 1st gen C14, it would be nice to have something along the middle to satisfy both spectrums. While I like how light and flickable the Tracer is, there are times on acceleration or in the wind at speeds it feels like it's not quite planted like bigger sport touring bikes. So yes a bigger bump would be perfect. Maybe we're both crazy? 🙃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robzilla said:

I watched an early review of the new model and they mentioned also brake linkage between the front and rear.

Yea I'm not a fan of linked brakes. I know at one time I wasn't a fan of ABS, but here i am a fan of ABS.

I guess I just got try it.

• Thumbsup 2

I honestly can't think of a must have feature or addition that would push me over the edge to buy new again. Maybe like a belt drive sport touring? Complete electric with 400 mile range? Whatever it may be, I doubt I'll imagine it.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
17 hours ago, betoney said:

Just thinking out loud here... Since the Tracer continually evolves more and more toward touring comfort/amenities and since the FJR1300 (and Honda's ST1300) has been discontinued, I really wish that they additionally offered the Tracer as a slightly larger package, maybe 1100cc along with the 900 and 700 Tracers, like Honda does with their adventure line, 500x, 750 Transalp and 1100 Africa Twin.

Owning both the smaller 900 and a larger VFR1200x adv/touring bike (and riding them back to back quite often), I enjoy having the option of a large, sturdy, planted, relaxed feel of a larger FJR, C14, Versys 1000 style bike while on longer highway road trips.  I find the larger VFR extremely agile, with exceptional handling and light steering and its weight only rears its ugly head when the engine is off and I am pushing into or pulling out of the garage.

How about using the MT10 as the platform?

1 hour ago, 2NDCHILDHOOD said:

How about using the MT10 as the platform?

Hahahaha, you'd have to have a 7 gallon tank. It's horrendous gas mileage now, try with a windshield and taller profile?

• Thumbsup 1

I've seen an MT10 set up for touring in Italy but I didn't speak to the owner about his mileage.  The distances between towns in Europe is much shorter than in the USA and Canada so a gas hog works except for the cost of fuel.

I do like how the GT+ has 2 color options: 1-Power Grey and 2-Icon Performance (which is the original silver/blue with blue wheels). And now they updated the original GT with: 1-Pure White and 2-Midnight Black, both with the gold color wheels. So no more red or camo color for '23.

I really do like the gold color look, but what I'm noticing is they've matched painted the side cases outer portion. 

Really sharp color schemes for '23 models! I might have to paint match my side case outer portion. 

• Thumbsup 2