Howdy

Moto Moff

Howdy folks,new guy hear from south Oz , recently bought a tidy second hand 2015 Tracer 900,still finding my way around things but I have a question about sprocket changes,the bike come fitted with a 15 tooth front sprocket would this put the speedo out?speedo would appear to be about 10 to 15 kilometres out compared to the GPS, thankyou.

• Supporting Member
7 minutes ago, Moto Moff said:

Howdy folks,new guy hear from south Oz , recently bought a tidy second hand 2015 Tracer 900,still finding my way around things but I have a question about sprocket changes,the bike come fitted with a 15 tooth front sprocket would this put the speedo out?speedo would appear to be about 10 to 15 kilometres out compared to the GPS, thankyou.

It "shouldn't" affect the speedo.  I also have a '15 and have tried 15, 16 and 17 tooth front sprockets and 45 and 47 tooth rear sprockets in different combinations and my speedo is consistently off 2mph from my GPS no matter what sprockets I use.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

Welcome Moto Moff, fellow Oz member with the same machine up here in the land of the Banana benders.

The speedo speed discrepancy has been discussed in several threads around this forum and it would seem that everyone has a slightly different error from their GPS reading.  I think that many report an 8% difference (high) if my memory serves me correctly.

That doesn't answer your question directly but use the search function above for 'speedo healer', speedo rings' for lots of discussion around what you are asking.

FWIW I have the Oz made McCruise cruise controller and that has an option to add a speedo correction kit to calibrate your speedo to your GPS.  Works a treat if you were thinking of adding an after market cruise controller at some point.

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Welcome Moto Moff, fellow Oz member with the same machine up here in the land of the Banana benders.

The speedo speed discrepancy has been discussed in several threads around this forum and it would seem that everyone has a slightly different error from their GPS reading.  I think that many report an 8% difference (high) if my memory serves me correctly.

That doesn't answer your question directly but use the search function above for 'speedo healer', speedo rings' for lots of discussion around what you are asking.

FWIW I have the Oz made McCruise cruise controller and that has an option to add a speedo correction kit to calibrate your speedo to your GPS.  Works a treat if you were thinking of adding an after market cruise controller at some point.

Cheers.