2023 Niken a go for Europe!

maximNikenGT

Sorry but the Niken is such a strange bike, plus it's 3 expensive tires to replace over 2 expensive tires. Must be selling well enough worldwide to get a nice update, I have NEVER seen one here in Ohio and we have the most motorcycle endorsements per capita in the US.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Ferrett847 said:

The updates are what I expected the new model to have but it's not enough to chop mine in for the new one .

Yes, I'm surprised it doesn't have all the goodies on the 2023 Tracer 9GT+. Still I'm happy they kept it in production and am waiting to see what the competition develops.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

From the EICMA in Milano Italy. Will be interesting to see if the new adjustable fairing will retro fit in older Nikens. 

9C933817-8F16-42ED-8C44-C47A16A98251.png

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

2023 Niken GT differences vs. 2019 Niken GT in my order of importance:

NIKEN GT - motorcycles - Yamaha Motor (yamaha-motor.eu)

• New NIKEN color in Black with black suspension tubes on the front
  • Triple engine displacement increases from 847cc to 890cc, same triple as the MT-09. 
    • Meets Euro 5 emission rules
    • More engine torque
    • increase in torque - 66.9lb-ft (vs. 64.5 lb-ft from older Niken)
    • Engine now sits at a five degree more incline than its predecessor
    • New radiator to handle increased engine cooling requirements
    • Revised riding modes and traction control settings
  • Adjustable windscreen with 70 mm of manual adjustment. Hopefully this adjustability helps reduce the need to modify the stock screens with aftermarket touring screens (e.g. Givi/Puig).
  • New seat design addresses better seat height (older seat made it difficult to flat foot if you were shorter than 6 ft/ 183 cm).
    • Heated design comfort seat is also an option. 
  • Now comes with hard saddlebags which are more water resistant than the soft panniers of the prior Nikens
  • Quickshift up and down (previously only upshift)
  • Updated 7-inch electronic display with Garmin Motorise mapping app (subscription-based option) and smartphone connectivity
    • New bar controls and heated grips now standard
  • New rear suspension setup utilizing a forged alloy shock linkage that is lighter than the older steel version. Revised rear shock and spring is supposed to have a smoother ride for both one-up and two-up riding. 
  • New Niken GT is 3kg /~6.61 lbs heavier than before at 270kg /~595 lbs

For fun I made my own at the Yamaha configuration tool: Configure your own Yamaha NIKEN GT (yamaha-motor.eu)

2023_nikenGT_leftSideView.jpg

2023_nikenGT_riderView.jpg

2023_nikenGT_rear3_4.jpg

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, prmurat said:

Would not mind swapping my -19 for a new one!!!

That was my initial thought too, but with a little over 3000 miles on mine I will keep it for a while 🙄

I wonder how complicated it is to import a 2023 Niken into the USA from Europe? That is should it not become available here.

56 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I wonder how complicated it is to import a 2023 Niken into the USA from Europe? That is should it not become available here.

You can't.  Well technically you can, but it's a logistical nightmare. Plan on spending x2 the amount of the cost of the bike, and that doesn't even guarantee that your local state will accept a VIN that was not sold into the the US.

Edited by kilo3
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Sad 1