Yoshimura full system for '19-'20 Tracer 900 GT

Warchild

I convinced myself early on that I would just leave the stock exhaust alone - but you know how that goes... 😆

I was bummed to learn that many (but not all) aftermarket exhaust systems only work without a center-stand. Others had a high upswept canister angle that is not friendly to the factory hard cases.  But then I learned that Yamaha had licensed Yoshimura to manufacture a full exhaust system specific to my model-year GT, that allows full use of center-stand and factory bags. The 'Y-Series" part number for it is:

YoshPartNumber.png.de76d8281944ced74813a0ebe50e1147.png

Unfortunately, Yoshimura has long ago ceased production of this specific model exhaust, since the bike itself changed drastically in the 2021 model year. Happily, my awesome Parts Manager at my dealer has strong ties with the Yamaha Supply system in Georgia, where there were still eight (8) of these full exhaust systems sitting on a shelf, still NIB. 

Now there are only 7, 'cuz I scored one of these NIB Yosh full exhaust systems, now sitting in my garage - it's one of several winter projects:

Yosh_label.thumb.jpg.239707119ce62dd45547f91235bbf9e2.jpg

It may be a while I get to the installation - I am still riding as long as snow stays away.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, PhotoAl said:

You have to let us know how it turns out.  I always thought of Yamaha as a west coast organization but during the Barber Vintage Festival met one or two folks that were Georgia based.  

Yamaha USA corporate headquarters has been in Cypress, CA for decades, but relocated to just outside of Atlanta in 2018.

• Thumbsup 1

Well, Yamaha now has 6 in stock, lol!!!

I as well had planned on leaving the bike stock but after seeing this pipe and watching a video where someone did the swap I decided to bite the bullet and order one.

I dug around over the weekend and found this site had them listed, and was the only place it seemed I could order it from, none of the "normal" parts sources had them:

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemcatalogs/p/all/yamaha_motorcycle_accessories-performance/5d28a52a87a8661224cf6e07/yoshimura-tracer-900-y-series-full-exhaust-system

Order placed, called Yamaha Sports Plaza this AM and confirmed it's a good order, on it's way to them and Yamaha now only has 6 left. I won't install until summer since everything is tucked away for the winter, but looking forward to it.

Edited by miweber929
  • Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Now only 5 left! Merry Christmas to me!! 🤑

Ordered thru Babbitts in Muskegon, Michigan where I can drive to and pickup. Ordered a LOT of stuff from them over the years and always been happy. Thanks Warchild......I think! 👍

• Thumbsup 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Will it also fit a 15?

That, I don't know. Maybe. You should to contact The MAN at Yoshimura R&D, Don Franzen.  This guy is very responsive, he'll find out if this version fits or not!

Don Franzen
Sales Representative
Yoshimura R & D of America, Inc.
5420 Daniels Street
Chino, CA 91710

P: 909-628-4722 Ext. 422

Direct: 951-231-1422
dfranzen@yoshimura-rd.com
www.yoshimura-rd.com

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2022 at 3:57 PM, Warchild said:

I convinced myself early on that I would just leave the stock exhaust alone - but you know how that goes... 😆

I was bummed to learn that many (but not all) aftermarket exhaust systems only work without a center-stand. Others had a high upswept canister angle that is not friendly to the factory hard cases.  But then I learned that Yamaha had licensed Yoshimura to manufacture a full exhaust system specific to my model-year GT, that allows full use of center-stand and factory bags. The 'Y-Series" part number for it is:

YoshPartNumber.png.de76d8281944ced74813a0ebe50e1147.png

Unfortunately, Yoshimura has long ago ceased production of this specific model exhaust, since the bike itself changed drastically in the 2021 model year. Happily, my awesome Parts Manager at my dealer has strong ties with the Yamaha Supply system in Georgia, where there were still eight (8) of these full exhaust systems sitting on a shelf, still NIB. 

Now there are only 7, 'cuz I scored one of these NIB Yosh full exhaust systems, now sitting in my garage - it's one of several winter projects:

Yosh_label.thumb.jpg.239707119ce62dd45547f91235bbf9e2.jpg

It may be a while I get to the installation - I am still riding as long as snow stays away.

I put one of these on my '19 GT about 2.5 years ago and absolutely love it. The installation isn't hard, but it is a bit fiddly, and requires some patience.  I have ridden it many miles with the DB killer in & out, and it sounds great both ways, but it can get a bit tiresome on long highway runs due to drone/resonance without the DB killer.

No matter which way you choose, I think you will love it. It is a bit quiet at first with the DB killer in, but will get louder so give it some time to break in. It is perfect for me with the DB killer in now, but every now and then I take it out when I know I will just be around town or backroads for a while, the CP3 does sound awesome. :)

Edited by denveryzf
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

Akrapovic also makes a full system that works with the center stand and is tucked neatly under the bike just like the stock exhaust........just in case all the Yosh units sell out.

• Thumbsup 3

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

I'm a huge Akra fanboy because I feel like they are one of the few manufacturers that actually deliver on their price points, but Yosh has always been a close second in my experience. I see the Akra that maintains the center stand is closer to $1,200, though, and why I decided I wasn't going to do a pipe on this bike.

That was until I saw the Yosh.....

Mine shipped out to me today, should see it by next week :)

• Thumbsup 1