Hello from Canada

• Supporting Member

Welcome!  So many great characters and resources here.  You've come to the right place!

How's that Tracer treating you, and which part of the country are you in?

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Welcome Lonerider.  Did you just get the Tracer or just find the forum?

I hope you're in some part of Canada's banana belt ... Turned winter here ... I'm getting ready to get my snowmobile out.  Think the Tracer is done for this year.

• Thumbsup 2

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've had my Tracer for 2 seasons now and I love it. I traded my 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 for this bike. I haven't looked back since. I'm located in Quebec. We got some snow yesterday but the street are clear now. As I mentioned in another post, I've just installed my Givi crash bars. I had a lot of fun with that. One of the bolts that came with the bars was the wrong size. I had to contact the vendor who in turn contacted the manufacturer. Long story short I received the correct size bolt today and I've installed the bars. Oh, did I mention that I stripped the engine supporting bolt on the first try, and had to order that. It also came in and now everything is honky dory. I just need to know how tight to tighten the bolts. Lots of fun.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. Engine Bolt Torque discussed in the following thread. The search function may bring up more...

1 hour ago, Lonerider said:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've had my Tracer for 2 seasons now and I love it. I traded my 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 for this bike. I haven't looked back since. I'm located in Quebec. We got some snow yesterday but the street are clear now….,,

Welcome aboard I’m in Laval, Quebec:)

• Thumbsup 1

21 hours ago, Lonerider said:

Thanks for the welcome guys. I've had my Tracer for 2 seasons now and I love it. I traded my 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 for this bike. I haven't looked back since. I'm located in Quebec. We got some snow yesterday but the street are clear now. As I mentioned in another post, I've just installed my Givi crash bars. I had a lot of fun with that. One of the bolts that came with the bars was the wrong size. I had to contact the vendor who in turn contacted the manufacturer. Long story short I received the correct size bolt today and I've installed the bars. Oh, did I mention that I stripped the engine supporting bolt on the first try, and had to order that. It also came in and now everything is honky dory. I just need to know how tight to tighten the bolts. Lots of fun.

Hey @Lonerider

How long did you have your N1K for? I had a 2013 and a 2017 before I picked up my 2019 Tracer 900 GT. I now ride a 2021 Tracer 9 GT (the 2019 was written off). I love these bikes. Far more fun and flexible than the Kawi's imo. And I was a dyed-in-the-wool Kawi guy (had several ZX-14, ZX-12 and ZX-9R).

Were you a member of any of the N1K forums?

Do you have the torque spec for the engine bolt? I can get you that if you need and a copy of the 900GT service manual if you want.

Edited by rlambke19

On 11/17/2022 at 1:46 PM, Heavy said:

I hope you're in some part of Canada's banana belt ... 

Canadian banana belt

frozen-banana.jpeg

• Haha 2

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current