No 2023 Yamaha 9GT+ for USA?

Warchild

8 hours ago, KrustyKush said:

Yeah that was a good price on the Tracer.  I got a $1k discount on mine because the dealer had three 21s on his floor and had been sitting there for a few weeks unsold.  Like your dealer, after these three sold, the price went back up and they now fetch an additional $1300 dealer premium.  With CA taxes, my OTD was $17,500.  Ouch.

I do love the bike, but like you I would seriously consider trading it for the Suzuki.  If I could afford it.

My OTD was $13,500

• Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 3:49 PM, ZigMerid said:

It might be more promising in Australia as their web site is showing just the black and white models now.

White is only available in the 2023 release, correct?

https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/motorcycle/road/sport-touring

Screenshot 2022-12-04 at 08.47.37.png

nice, like the white with the gold wheels, ya'all get some cool shit down under,eh

( edit:MY23 RIDE AWAY PRICE $ 17,024 US dollars)

Edited by Larz

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

nice, like the white with the gold wheels, ya'all get some cool shit down under

I do like the white as it's much more low key. My plan is to buy in 2023 as they become available. While it'd be nice to think we're special, I think every market which is getting the 2023 model will have access to the white.

11 hours ago, FarmForce said:

My OTD was $13,500

Fantastic Price!  I don't think there is anything comparable to that here in California.  You must have extremely low taxes out there in NC.

CA has rules that inhibit ppl from going to another state to buy cheaper and then import the vehicle to CA.  If you traveled to another state to buy new, cheap, you'd be unable to register that new bike in CA because it had less than 7500 miles on it.  They will allow you to import a bike with less than 7500 miles as long as you are becoming a CA citizen bringing the new bike with you.  But if you already a citizen, going to a cheaper state to buy cheaper, gonna have a road block. Can't register it, and they may even give you an order to remove the vehicle from CA.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 3

34 minutes ago, KrustyKush said:

But if you already a citizen, going to a cheaper state to buy cheaper, gonna have a road block. Can't register it, and they may even give you an order to remove the vehicle from CA.

Yup, I have a friend on another forum who lives in CA and bought a nearly brand new ‘12 CBR600RR a few years back on FL and tried to bring it into the state. He told me that not only is it not able to be currently registered in CA, they’ve flagged it to ever be able to again. I’m not sure how that works, if it’s true or is even legal to do but I had suggested he buy a used cluster with over 7500 miles on it, register the bike then put his old one back on and he said even that won’t work on his bike because it’s been flagged. 

5 hours ago, KrustyKush said:

CA has rules that inhibit ppl from going to another state to buy cheaper and then import the vehicle to CA.  If you traveled to another state to buy new, cheap, you'd be unable to register that new bike in CA because it had less than 7500 miles on it.....

States can do as they like regarding vehicle laws&regulations, provided those don't supersede any federal laws.

Thank God Arizona has reasonable laws....

10 hours ago, Larz said:

States can do as they like regarding vehicle laws&regulations, provided those don't supersede any federal laws.

Thank God Arizona has reasonable laws....

for now, but with CA folks moving to Arizona will probably change.

On 12/5/2022 at 9:06 PM, PhotoAl said:

for now, but with CA folks moving to Arizona will probably change.

True, and somethings already have changed: we can at least "lane filter" now....🤠

• Supporting Member
On 11/30/2022 at 10:30 AM, robzilla said:

It doesn't surprise me that we won't see any '23 models here in the US for at least 2 reasons. First being that at least in the Seattle area, most dealers received their '22 models late this year so now there's an excess of inventory. I lucked out getting my '22 mid summer which at the time was hard to get.  Second, with the inventory I think dealers would want to see how the European and other markets fare on the new model before bringing it over, so maybe at the earliest we'll see the new models in '24.

I just went to my local Yamaha dealer this morning, they just recently got '22 Tenere 700's, MT09's and Tracer9 GT's.  Not sure what is going on with Yamaha's supply chain to get new bikes at the very end of the model year.  All of their Tenere 700's and MT09's were on waiting list and sold before the delivery truck arrived while the Tracer9 GT's are sitting on the showroom at a few hundred under MSRP. 🤷‍♂️

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Yea I'm scratching my head on the late deliveries to dealers. Could be some parts and/or production delay!?

While I'm happy with my new T9GT, maybe, maybe not sure if I would've waited this long just to save some money. So hard to tell earlier on the new '23 model with ACC was coming or if dealers were even getting '22 models to begin with. And now with the '23 models on the horizon, unfortunately the US won't see these anytime soon. 

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

For Oz.....

2023 Tracer 9 GT - new colours

Tracer 9 GT continues with the specification that offers the highest level of touring comfort for 2023.

For confident night-time riding the Tracer 9 GT is fitted with LED cornering lights that get brighter as you lean further – while 10-stage adjustable grip heaters keep your hands warm whatever the weather. And for ultimate sports versatility this high-tech performance bike comes with up and down QSS for smoother and faster gear shifting.

Aerodynamic hard side cases can carry a full-face helmet and feature colour coordinated panels as standard. You can also fit an optional top case if you need extra space – and the fully-floating luggage carrier system gives a natural riding feeling even when fully loaded.

2023 Tracer will be available in Midnight Black and Pure White from the first quarter of 2023 and features:
• KYB semi-active suspension
• Hard side cases
• Up and down QSS
• LED cornering lights
• Grip heater
• Dedicated colours and graphics
• EU5 890cc CP3 engine
• Lightweight CF aluminium die-cast frame
• 6-Axis IMU plus lean-sensitive rider aids
• Modern design and styling
• Full LED lighting
• Twin 3.5in TFT meters