No 2023 Yamaha 9GT+ for USA?

Warchild

How long did it take for the mt10 sp to arrive in the US after its initial release….?

Hopefully the gt+ won’t take as long, but don’t hold your breath. They do the same thing with color options, because we don’t need anything but black and whatever. 

Regarding colour; the one I sat on was a type of grey similar to my current ’18 model - see attached photo (sorry about the old fart sitting on it; it’s me). But it’s not showing in any of the Yamaha bumph. 

9523EF8C-B934-4C41-BDF1-3585D1334DE4.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

Regarding California draconian state laws; speaking as a non-US citizen, and at the risk of throwing a controversial grenade into the discussion,  if a regional government in the UK tried to apply such crazy ecomentalist laws here there would be a riot. We all know that CA GDP is greater than most countries but the arrogance of the state seems to be just as big. Excluding the UK due to Brexit (don’t get me started on THAT subject…) anyone in he EU can buy or sell cross-border without paying anything more than origin country VAT. That’s it.  No “you’re from another state so we’re going to stitch you up” tax. No extra California tax applied “just ‘cos we can”. It seems to me that California might as well just make a unilateral Declaration of Independence from the rest of the states. 

I can imagine that the benefits of actually living in the state must outweigh the negatives (great weather, high standard of living, etc) so I’d be very interested to hear from our friends who live there on their views. Sorry for hijacking the thread guys but the subject of cost was raised and it’s interesting to compare conditions and attitudes across the world. 

2 hours ago, Paddy01 said:

I can imagine that the benefits of actually living in the state must outweigh the negatives (great weather, high standard of living, etc) so I’d be very interested to hear from our friends who live there on their views. Sorry for hijacking the thread guys but the subject of cost was raised and it’s interesting to compare conditions and attitudes across the world. 

There's a mass exodus out of California ever since the pandemic. Colorado, Texas, Idaho, Montana, is where most of the activity is going.  It's a beautiful state, with excellent weather, but horrible taxes, heavy handed laws on most everything.
There are many who would like to see the nonsense end and hope it falls into the ocean soon enough.
#learntoswim

• Thumbsup 1

It is all due to California smog laws. If your new vehicle meets California smog laws…..there is no issue getting it registered in Ca.

If not, it has to have more than 7500 miles to get registered here.  

At one time, smog was unreal in Califonia before smog laws. 

I bet the UK has reasonable smog laws…..oh and that pesky MOT thingie….which California doesnt have.

11 hours ago, kilo3 said:

There's a mass exodus out of California ever since the pandemic. Colorado, Texas, Idaho, Montana, is where most of the activity is going.  It's a beautiful state, with excellent weather, but horrible taxes, heavy handed laws on most everything.
There are many who would like to see the nonsense end and hope it falls into the ocean soon enough.
#learntoswim

Snide response: oh yeah, we down here in Az eagerly await Lake Havasu City becoming a seaside resort town instead of merely a Lake town 🤠

Sensitive response: my god man, do you realize how many millions of people would die😬

Realistic response: dude, you think we have supply chain problems now? Not too mention the refugee scenario. Hope ya gotta a lotta MREs, ammo and reliable firearms.....🙃

Edited by Larz
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Confused 1

WARNING!

This forum can expose you to chemicals that are known to the state of cancer to cause California. For more information look up useless government legislation on the googler.

Hell, just the number of products that had to create and deploy those stupid prop 65 stickers probably caused more damage to the environment/humans than the stupid warning is going to save/inform.

Sorry I digress, there just isn't much the comes out of that state in terms of common sense.

• Haha 1

well, i'm being light hearted,eh; except for the realistic comment: 40% of all imports into the US arrive at ports in long Beach and LA. If they went into the ocean the impact on the economy would be unprecedented, not to mention your ability to hop on down to the Wallyworld to buy stuff. And yeah, very little in the way of common sense comes out of Sacramento. But there are plenty of farmers, ranchers and common folk in the state who probably have as much common sense as anyone in the Northeast.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, kilo3 said:

#learntoswim

The grass is not always greener on the other side fence, and that is all I am going to say on the subject.

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• Supporting Member
On 12/12/2022 at 5:00 AM, Paddy01 said:

It seems to me that California might as well just make a unilateral Declaration of Independence from the rest of the states. 

Folklore suggests that Texas is the sole state that has the constitutional right to unilaterally secede from the union.   As with so many things, the myth is way better than the reality (ie: we can’t, actually… that pesky ‘one Nation, indivisible’ thing) 

It’s still a pretty good place to live and raise a family, although there are compromises here, just like anywhere else.  

• Thumbsup 3

I live in Alabama but have a son who went to Auburn, Cal Tech and University of Florida and has a PhD in Chemical Engineering.  They live in the Bay Area since he works in the semiconductor business.  For housing either have a very long commute or a very expensive apartment.  Yes the weather is nice a lot of the time and there are great outdoor activities close by.  Spent a month there a year ago and was nice to be able to drive 30 to 45 minutes and be able to have a great hiking area.  Half Moon bay is not too far as is a redwood forrest.  East of the bay there are more outdoor areas and in the winter skiing is not too far away.  Its a fascinating area with lots of retail and any kind of store you can think of.  We didn't even think of going to SF.  In my neighborhood in Alabama folks pick up the dog poo when waking their dogs - in SF it's different....    In CA life is good if you make a few million a year or more.  

Shipping into the west coast ports has declined markedly this year.  Many companies are working to not have that supply chain bottleneck again.  The west cost decline has meant an increase for ports in the south and east.  Was an article about it in the WSJ this week.  Yamaha has moved its US headquarters to Atlanta.

I'm wondering what Yamaha is going to do when their dealers sell thru the 2022 inventory with no 2023 model coming.  Bike sales are slow this time of the year but pick up again in the spring.  A 2024 could come in the late summer to give the dealers relief.  Not sure how good a shape the dealers are in.  From my limited knowledge they have done OK with sales and were able to get good prices but had inventory problems.  Shop work has been steady as long as there weren't COVID shutdowns.  However think the rising interest rates will blunt sales.  I keep hearing that car sales are still going gangbusters but am seeing a lot more car adds so something doesn't add up.  I think the dealers are pointing to past sales and inventory data and trying to ignore current data and keep selling for MSRP plus as long as they can.  Looks like the country is going into a recession (or is in one already).  

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

.... In my neighborhood in Alabama folks pick up the dog poo when waking their dogs - in SF it's different....    In CA life is good if you make a few million a year or more.  yeah, I was out there for Thanksgiving 2019. My God man, people defecating on the sidewalks, every little alley a tent city/needle park. I left in the early 80's to go play MT Man in North Idaho, by the early 90's peeps with decent jobs were living in the cars cuz they couldn 't afford to rent and certainly not buy housing.

Shipping into the west coast ports has declined markedly this year.  Many companies are working to not have that supply chain bottleneck again.  The west cost decline has meant an increase for ports in the south and east.  Was an article about it in the WSJ this week.  Yamaha has moved its US headquarters to Atlanta... news to me but not suprised ......I'm wondering what Yamaha is going to do when their dealers sell thru the 2022 inventory with no 2023 model coming. Only the '23 9GT is missing, my 2023 MT-09 SP arrives at stealership next week  Looks like the country is going into a recession (or is in one already).  Yep, looks that way, what the Fed wants . Imagine the fiscal blow to folks who bought homes in the last two years....

Yea was thinking of just Tracer 9 GT sales as the rest of the lineup looks good.  May be coming with an R9 which would be an interesting bike.  Still can't see then leaving the market dry for a sport touring bike particularly when they have finally sorted out most all of the issues.  Did Yamaha hire Mary B from GM?  🙂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

In CA life is good if you make a few million a year or more.  

Hmmmmm….oh really…..so using your logic…..I dont have a good life cause I dont make a few million or more a year……and live in Ca. 
Well, bullshit.

Life….. no matter where you live is what you make it. If you need a few million or more to have a good life, you got issues. 

It takes money to live anywhere. Every state we looked at to possibly live after retiring wanted my money……some more than others. 
South Dakota was a good place to retire……but living there would suck compared to what would be given up to live there.  Straight roads have no interest to me and I aint never shoveled any snow in my life and aint gonna start now.

Quality of life is important to me. The roads I ride on are important to me. Being close to a track is important to me. Having a little land is important to me. Living in a small town is important to me. To me, its theses things that make my life a good life……not how much money I have in the bank. After many years of hard work and lots of luck, I now have these things. Life in Ca is good for me.

There are parts of Ca that suck….the goverment sucks…..but so what…..name a state with a perfect government in charge. Lots of states are dealing with homeless issues, not just Ca. 
Every state government enacted some level of martial law due to Covid. That should have been wake up call that no matter what state you live in….. you are considered government property.

Riding a motorcycle is very important to me especially as I get older. My life is good here due to my attitude and not the amount of money in the bank…..which is far from millions and millions.

• Thumbsup 4