Is the 2023 Tracer 9 GT coming to Canada?

Hi, 

I do not see the 2023 Tracer 9 or 9 GT listed on the Canadian website yet.  

I've noted that both local Yamaha dealers have two new Tracers sitting on the floor from 2022.  Not sure if this is an accurate indication of Tracer sales in Canada, but I don't see the 2023 listed.  

This is a bit disappointing, as I feel that the Tracer is highly underrated for the amount of fun/handling and versatility that I have with my 2020 900GT.  

With some creative marketing, I think Yamaha Canada could get more riders interested in the platform.  

That being said, I do not see it on the U.S. site either.  Anyone know what's happening with it?  

Edited by Jayzonk
add text

14 minutes ago, BarryGT said:

I have a 2022 Tracer 9GT and love it, no need to think about a 2023.

That's what is important, but from what I can tell, the latest edition is even better.

Looks like they added the front radar that's linked to the brakes so that the cruise control becomes speed adaptive.  There's also a linked braking module.  All good stuff.  I have a 2020, so I've got the previous edition.  I'd love to have the new tech, but I enjoy the previous generation too much.  I picked up a top box and the comfort seats, so I'm pretty heavily invested in it.  No regrets.  

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

I visited an Ontario dealership last week and one of the salespeople informed me that the Tracer 9GT is NOT coming to Canada this year.  What a shame...the GT+ grey/black/blue color scheme is beautiful and the new tech, new seat would be nice.    

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2022 at 3:05 PM, Jayzonk said:

I visited an Ontario dealership last week and one of the salespeople informed me that the Tracer 9GT is NOT coming to Canada this year.  What a shame...the GT+ grey/black/blue color scheme is beautiful and the new tech, new seat would be nice.    

I would've flown to Canada to get one and bring it back... I live 2 miles from the Florida keys... 

• Premium Member

I have the 2020 GT Tracer. I had to upgrade from my 2015 FJ09 due to an unfortunate (non life threatening) accident. 

3 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

I would've flown to Canada to get one and bring it back... I live 2 miles from the Florida keys... 

3 hours ago, Bimbim18 said:

Now that would be one hell of a trip.......

• Thumbsup 1