MT-09 Inbound

psyshack

I couldn't find a deal on a 2022 Tracer. So I bought a base MT-09 in Matte Black Raven. A buddy of mine owns a dealer and has been waiting forever for a shipment. They are sending him a small selection of 2022 MT09's, motocross bikes and generators. No Tracers, MT10's or Tenere's. Bike should be at his dealer late next week. He gave me a great deal on the bike. Base MT-09 for the price of a MT-07. He's also going to supply a Akrapovic system, Power Commander, Case of Oil, 3ea. oil filter and crush washers a set of EBC front brake pads, Chain, Sprockets, Service Manual a set of tires. A few other odds and ends all for 5% above his cost. Got to order a Madstad fly and touring shield setup, slider kit and tail tidy from TST and pick up a matching helmet. Another buddy will put it on his dyno and tune it for a bottle of Oban Scotch. So I'm set!

Wish I could of found a deal on a Tracer. But at $14.999, plus shipping, setup, doc fee, dealer markup a basic screwing with no lube,,, ain't happening. To be fair a local dealer did try with a OTD price of $14,699 on a Red Tracer. So if a red Tracer is to your liking give K & N Yamaha in Tulsa a ring. Jury is still out on the new owners of K & N. The old owners built the dealer and shop into a top 5 in the nation operation and kept it there for over 50 years. There is a whole bunch of us that miss Mr. & Mrs. McDonald.

Merry Christmas to me! LMAO

• Thumbsup 7

I got my MT-09 yesterday and have been collecting parts for a few days. You all have been great and I wish you all the best with your Tracers. It's just hard to beat a new MT-09 for the price of a MT-07 OTD less TT&L. 

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member

Congrats!  Enjoy that engine :)

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount