2015 FJ-09 in Southern California

ItsRichieRich

SOLD!

Hi all,

Up for sale is my 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 with 18,700 miles. The bike slightly modded with Ohlins front and rear suspension, ASV shorty levers and renthal grips. Other than those items, the bike is stock. Pirelli Angel GT 2 tires were installed 400 miles ago, so they have PLENTY of life. All maintenance have been done by me including valve clearance. They were all in spec so I did not adjust them.

The bike rides and handles really well, Yamaha nailed it with this sport touring bike. I used it mainly for commuting to work and has never let me down

I'm looking to get another sport bike so this one has to go. There are a few small flaws. First is a scratch on the tank due to another bike falling onto it in my garage. Second is the gear indicator doesn't show all the gears but I have the part to fix it and will have it fixed prior to sale. Last is tags are due in January but I will also take care of that prior to sale.

Asking price is $6,000 with spare parts such as windscreen, skid plate, fog lights and other items. Located in Temecula but can show it in Escondido. Please PM me for more pictures.

1463C8EF-1422-4FED-98C1-C77A0045D64E.jpeg

8B47D49B-63AC-42A0-BEB9-9E313DDBB32E.jpeg

540C2663-6AF3-49F9-8784-FE104E4E66F1.jpeg

Edited by ItsRichieRich
Sold
  • Thumbsup 5

• Premium Member

My youngest lives in Mission Valley, which is where I'll stay when I visit this year.

Up north they had serious rain.

Last night we got more rain than you'll get all we.

Next weekend you'll be in the 60s and sunny.

We definitely will not have either. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Congratulations!

A buddy has a I think 15 XR with all the bells and whistles that he loves but he also toasts more blue cool-aid to his 1250RT, and then he's got a GSXR600 track bike and I think he sold his Ducati 800 2-valve race bike; at 72!

I'm a bit younger and have sold off my favs and kick myself every time I think about them but only have room for 3, so I must pare down two.

It All depends on how Matt had you set up in front and I went with a K-tech razor R And then I'm a massaged The front twice myself and tuned the rear.

But I'm 250+ in gear and run a full top case, tank bag, case guards, skid plate, twin DL, panniers (on tour) but there's the mounts, rack, screen support reinforcement with bicycle QD axle screen clamp mod, taller more swept bars & adjustable levers, axle sliders heads-up GPS, RD & cell mount bar, etc. that ALL really boost up the weight BUT I got it very responsive and almost plush except for low-speed large sharp edged bumps.  I also have 320 front discs and Brembo radial MC, stainless lines and HH+ pads, Sargent saddle; more weight.  ATGATT including HIT-Air vest. More #.

Plus I'm a hard braker.

With decent tires my FJ is a handler, at least as far as my bod and gray matter can push it. Not overly impressed by the engine.  Almost reminds me of a torquey big 2-Smoke. The XR is a killer if viby motor!

So yeh, ILYK.

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...