Hot Pink

kilo3

Well it's happening.

I promised my wife a pink bike, so that's what she's getting. Tired to get her into a bigger bike like a 600-800 but dang it if she likes her z400 too much. So here we go.

PXL_20221230_164743300.jpg

PXL_20221230_151712008.jpg

PXL_20221210_215019209.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

Made some progress in testing, managed to find a combo of flake and clear that seemed to co-exist well. Took most of the day. I'll let it set for a week and see what happens but this might be the final color set.

PXL_20221230_225145748.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Very nice!  Might not be my choice of colour, but hey, it's not about us, right ?

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

36 minutes ago, knyte said:

Very nice!  Might not be my choice of colour, but hey, it's not about us, right ?

Yeah, I've pretty much written the bike off at this point. If it ever comes to the time for it to be sold, any money I make will just be bonus. On the plus side, we bought it right before the world went sideways 2 years ago, I don't think they will ever be that cheap again.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

Getting a lot of runs in the plastics that had black paint of them. Don't know what the deal is. Going to give the parts a week that have e runs and do a wet sand. Otherwise base coat going on well. Got some glitter ready and some 2k clear coming.

PXL_20221231_222224099.jpg

Edited by kilo3
  • Thumbsup 2

Anyone good with autobody?
So here's my conundrum. I have to fix a few runs and pinholes in the base coat which will require some sanding.

Do I need to wet sand the entire piece or just the areas that need some love to apply more base?

All the parts have hardened and gassed out.  All the information I can gleam from the internet is wet/wet auto painting. Not joe blow garage rattle can.

All the peices are done with base except two that some child got his fingers into. Have to start over on them.

Almost too pretty and smooth to clear really. Another week then glitter.

PXL_20230107_190829244.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

• 2 months later...