Hello From Hamilton New Zealand

Triple NZ

Hi All just joined up Today .37 odd years riding lots of bikes and have now ended up on a 2019 GT. Love it so much we now have 2 of them haha. But the wife is selling hers as she has bought a little MT09 SP .We really like the triple motors in these and think these will be keepers .Enjoying reading all the info on here .Will post some photos of the bikes shortly Cheers .

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Kia Ora Triple NZ from across the ditch.

You really have some fantastic and spectacular country side to ride through and enjoy and you've picked the right machines to do it on. 🙂

My better half and I are in the process of arranging a push bike ride from Mt. Cook to Oamaru (Alps to Ocean) around 320kms in late April - getting cool around that time?  Really looking forward to it as the scenery in that part of NZ is pretty special as you would no doubt know.

Would love one day to motorcycle around your neck of the woods in the North Island.  I believe that the Bay of Islands region is a 'top of the list' area to visit.

Let us know what your wife thinks of the SP?

20 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Welcome aboard to you and your better half.

She sounds like a rare bird so to speak and your a lucky dog she chose you!

Haha thanks for the welcome . Yes I am lucky we have a good time out on our bikes Cheers

2 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Kia Ora Triple NZ from across the ditch.

You really have some fantastic and spectacular country side to ride through and enjoy and you've picked the right machines to do it on. 🙂

My better half and I are in the process of arranging a push bike ride from Mt. Cook to Oamaru (Alps to Ocean) around 320kms in late April - getting cool around that time?  Really looking forward to it as the scenery in that part of NZ is pretty special as you would no doubt know.

Would love one day to motorcycle around your neck of the woods in the North Island.  I believe that the Bay of Islands region is a 'top of the list' area to visit.

Let us know what your wife thinks of the SP?

Hi there yes that will be an awesome scenic ride and yeah late April will be cooling off big time . Hopefully dry for your ride we should have run out of rain by then it’s been hosing down here for weeks !! Bay of islands is good but very busy roads now . We prefer central north island around the mountains with a bit less traffic . Alison is loving the SP already . Cheers Neil 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Triple NZ said:

Hi there yes that will be an awesome scenic ride and yeah late April will be cooling off big time . Hopefully dry for your ride we should have run out of rain by then it’s been hosing down here for weeks !! Bay of islands is good but very busy roads now . We prefer central north island around the mountains with a bit less traffic . Alison is loving the SP already . Cheers Neil 

I have a you tube channel with a good ride Hamilton to Cape Reinga and back on my old 1250 Bandit . Under the name of  Mr And Mrs Doubleu . Was a good ride up to the top and back 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Triple NZ said:

I have a you tube channel with a good ride Hamilton to Cape Reinga and back on my old 1250 Bandit . Under the name of  Mr And Mrs Doubleu . Was a good ride up to the top and back 

Just checked it out, that was a BIG day - 21hrs and 1400kms! 👍

• Supporting Member

@Triple NZholy wow, that's DEDICATION!

...and to the bikes, too ba dum TISS

Great pics, and welcome aboard!  Looks like you'll fit right in - and in, and ...in

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount