MCN FESTIVAL

Guest brianwindmill

Guest brianwindmill
Is anyone else going to the MCN festival at Peterborough on the 16-17 of may.

• Premium Member
Yes, riding up from Croydon probably on the Sunday morning.. Used to be the BMW?
BMF - British Motorcyclist Federation, but they did not organise it in recent years and the commercial firm that had the rights went bust last year  http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2014/july/bmf-show-cancelled/

Seems MCN which is based in Peterborough has taken over the weekend slot at the same venue without any affiliation to the BMF. The parent company, Bauer Media should have the resources to pull it off unlike the previous outfit who got a very poor reputation, hence their financial woes as attendance collapsed I believe.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Did think about going to this but £25 each on the gate is a bit steep when its just going to a corperate!
I would pay it for BMF but I think they were only £16.
£50 for me and her when all we want to do is pick up some bargains is a bit to much.

• Premium Member
Did think about going to this but £25 each on the gate is a bit steep when its just going to a corperate! I would pay it for BMF but I think they were only £16.
£50 for me and her when all we want to do is pick up some bargains is a bit to much.
You could probably get your helmet lock there for a fiver less in which case it would only have cost you £45.

Did think about going to this but £25 each on the gate is a bit steep when its just going to a corperate! I would pay it for BMF but I think they were only £16.
You could probably get your helmet lock there for a fiver less in which case it would only have cost you £45.
I,m upgrading it in Poundland or maybe the cook shop, if they have a cheese section! so will save the full £50 :-)
Pub tomorrow instead- to spend the savings on beer and cheese snips. 

• Premium Member
Savings? Just a load of old tat made in China. Just as well order on Ebay for a lot less. For better value stuff of a durable quality look to the EU as the exchange rate is favourable. Clothing from Germany from the likes of lousi.de and accessories from France (silverstone) or Italy (ricambi_outlet on Ebay or accessristore)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Never bought any Chinese stuff there, only Brand names. I have one leather jacket i bought as a real bargain about 20 years ago.
Last time was a couple of years ago and still picked up a few bits, Oford tank bag and trousers and a couple of disc locks, often at around half usual price.
Will have a look at the Euro shops though as the pound is strong at the moment- plus we get overcharged anyway!

Archived