Exhaust system for Tracer 9 GT

robzilla

I'm looking to upgrade the stock on my '22 Tracer 9 GT. Anyone with either the Akrapovic carbon or Leo Vince system installed and what you like and don't like? Best value for the money with a little performance would be good. Both saying weight reductions compared to OEM, so that's good. Vanity wise, both look good. From what I've seen or heard on YT,  either don't sound obnoxious.

Ak. carbon model: https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/21246?brandId=41&modelId=1154&yearId=6647

Ak. titanium model: https://www.akrapovic.com/en/moto/product/21247?brandId=41&modelId=1154&yearId=6647

LV: https://www.leovince.com/en-us/product/1812-0552-lv-race-yamaha-tracer-9-gt-2021-2022

Any others I'm missing that I might consider?  Thanks for any input!

• Thumbsup 1

Akrapovic is expensive but the quality is unbeatable.  I replaced my stock exhaust with an Akrapovic full exhaust after getting the ECU reflashed.   The slightly richer fueling after the reflash could clog the catalytic converter of the stock exhaust over time.  I left the baffle in and it is just loud enough without being obnoxious.

The Akrapovic on my Ninja 1000 is 10 years old and has about 45,000 miles of use.  It still sounds and looks great and has not become much louder over time. 

There may be better value propositions, but you can't beat the quality.  Both were a perfect fit and easy to install.

• Thumbsup 1

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Thanks for the info. I agree Akrapovic is definitely expensive. I'm leaning towards Leo Vince only on price since both seem to be reasonable on performance. I've only seen one person/business that reflashes the new T9GT ECUs, so might consider that if the new exhaust gives me any issue. 

Installation on either exhaust looks fairly straightforward although haven't seen any reviews if the Akropovic hampers the centerstand. LV says no issues with the stand so that's good!

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Nothing to add only that I like the way the LV is tucked away and not so visible from behind.

Agreed.  That's one of the things that I have always liked about the CP3 models is their unique look of NOT having an exhaust can hanging out the side by the rear wheel.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 minutes ago, Kenny A. said:

I have the Akra on my bike.

As @johnmark101says,the workmanship is top notch, and does not foul the centre stand.

Expensive,yes but I love it. 👍

Wow, love the color and mods! Wheel stickers is a nice touch. Also what brand is the bottom oil protection? Thanks for sharing!

I'm still looking for a US dealer that can get the Akra reasonably before I decide.

I also would appreciate a little bit more sound, given my road racing background. There’s a nice reasonably priced Akro system with cat on eBay that I contacted the seller about. He said he ships to the US often however being that I’m in Kalifornia and any aftermarket exhaust is not able to be shipped to my state I’m hesitant to order. Plus the possible unknown duty fees…I should ask if he’ll ship to Kali.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125636928990?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7nNssMgmQmm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=W18h_TNpRMG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 minutes ago, Smokamoto said:

I also would appreciate a little bit more sound, given my road racing background. There’s a nice reasonably priced Akro system with cat on eBay that I contacted the seller about. He said he ships to the US often however being that I’m in Kalifornia and any aftermarket exhaust is not able to be shipped to my state I’m hesitant to order. Plus the possible unknown duty fees…I should ask if he’ll ship to Kali.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125636928990?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=7nNssMgmQmm&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=W18h_TNpRMG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

$1800... Holy Crap  😳

I'm all for a bit deeper exhaust note but damn, that kind of money will get me several sets of tires and many tanks of gas for road trips this summer and next.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Don't know about the current model, but Akrapovic did make a full exhaust for my 2019 that is neatly tucked under the bike the same as the stock exhaust, and installed with the center stand in place.  The Akrapovic for the current generation that extends the exhaust out the back appears to interfere with the rear caliper / wheel removal.

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

Good point on possible interference wheel and caliper removal for the Akra. 

Yea $1800+ for the higher end Akra is really pushing it. LV is looking more reasonable considering these things now...