Cruise Control

japon

• Premium Member
That being said the AP 900c will still work great on the FJ in an analog installation. This means wires will need to be tapped into for speed sensor, brake light, clutch/tach, etc. About 5 connections. The kit is about $325+ shipping and comes compete with the Trail Tech water proof switch pictured in tigerone's post above.

Interesting news. 
In addition to all of the connections you mentioned, won't it also have to intercept and override the throttle position sensor signal as well?  It's my understanding that this unit plays with the drive-by-wire components.

If there is any info in my thread about the Rostra CC installation that can can apply, feel free to use it!

• Premium Member
That being said the AP 900c will still work great on the FJ in an analog installation. This means wires will need to be tapped into for speed sensor, brake light, clutch/tach, etc. About 5 connections. The kit is about $325+ shipping and comes compete with the Trail Tech water proof switch pictured in tigerone's post above.
Interesting news. 
In addition to all of the connections you mentioned, won't it also have to intercept and override the throttle position sensor signal as well?  It's my understanding that this unit plays with the drive-by-wire components.

If there is any info in my thread about the Rostra CC installation that can can apply, feel free to use it!

You are correct, it is my understanding that two wires need to tapped into the ride-by-wire system.
Thanks for your offer, you have great information in your thread.

Archived