FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

I bought a windshield for my FJR from CalSci. Very good quality stuff, Had some questions about sizing and Mark was very helpful getting me the right fit. I like that the windshield design is based on science. Check out their whole website. Lots of good bike related stuff there.

• Premium Member
Thanks for the link!  I ordered the tinted short shield since i like clean air.   I'll also post up pics when it's installed later this week
I cant wait to see some more pictures of the short tinted one.  It will be my choice as well...if my grey FJ ever shows up at the dealer.  

These over-sized hand guards really crippling the windshield options. I think Yamaha should have gone with lower profile hand-guards, like Kawi Versys did, that would have allowed wider wind screen for better touring capability. The first thing I'd do is replacing hand guards for slimmer ones, as a bonus, you can fit a hippo hands on slim guards easier. And we all know a combination of heated grips and hippo hands miffs is a mmmm thing during winter months!

• Premium Member
Sent an Email to Cee Bailey windscreens, and unfortunately, this is the response I got:

Lew,

Thanks for your inquiry ; unfortunately we have nothing on the drawing board to produce a shield in the foreseeable future. Sorry we don’t have better news at this time. If you or anybody you know lives in or around the LA area and would like to participate in a new release we’d like to hear from you.

Regards,

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest spackler
Sent an Email to Cee Bailey windscreens, and unfortunately, this is the response I got: 
Lew,

Thanks for your inquiry ; unfortunately we have nothing on the drawing board to produce a shield in the foreseeable future. As usual the CALSI shield is hideous sorry we don’t have better news at this time. If you or anybody you know lives in or around the LA area and would like to participate in a new release we’d like to hear from you.

Regards,

Joe Duval
Cee Bailey’s Aircraft Plastics
6900 Acco St
Montebello CA, 90640

Yamaha is going to sell a lot of these bikes. Cee Bailey needs to get it going or they're going to miss out.

Thats a very classy marketing strategy from CB. They don't have a product to offer so shit on your competitor who put the effort in to make something.

Does anyone else think the CalSci offering is'hideous'?

I had a Cee Bailey's windscreen on my FJR and ended up replacing it with a CalSci. It improved the turbulence and helmet buffeting substantially. Function seems to be CalSci's priority.

Madstad makes a nice setup for the FZ-09 that includes a set of adjustable brackets, a sport screen and a touring screen. I sure they'll have something for the FJ soon.

I've used Madstad products on several bike and they work very well. Their bracket system allows for adjustment of height and angle but most importantly creates laminar flow that eliminates turbulence behind the windscreen. Anyone in central Florida interested in a system should give Mark at Madstad a call.... he may be interested in using your bike to develop a prototype system for the FJ.
Here's what he's done for the FZ: http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.12041/.f
I wonder if his FZ system will fit the FJ?

Paul

• Premium Member
Thats a very classy marketing strategy from CB. They don't have a product to offer so shit on your competitor who put the effort in to make something. 
Does anyone else think the CalSci offering is'hideous'?

I had a Cee Bailey's windscreen on my FJR and ended up replacing it with a CalSci. It improved the turbulence and helmet buffeting substantially. Function seems to be CalSci's priority.
I much preferred the Cee bailey on the FJR (the reverse flip is fantastic), but on the FJ, the CalSci looks nice, so I will order one today. I was just posting that they do not have an offering yet, not to disparage CalSci, sorry. I modified my original post to get the correct point across, which is they Don't have anything brewing yet, but if anybody is near Montebello CA, they may use your bike as a model.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Thanks for the link!  I ordered the tinted short shield since i like clean air.   I'll also post up pics when it's installed later this week
I ordered the CalSci short shield too, I also like clean air. 
Had a small issue trying to order online. I live in Canada near the US border so it's easier & cheaper to have stuff shipped to The UPS Store at the border. The CalSci site supports a separate delivery address, but had an issue with zipcode vs postal code. I emailed CalSci, they replied right away with a solution. Got it ordered, they shipped it same day. Very professional!

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.