FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

Can we get it in the us?
This thing's been in the works for some time. Just a teaser/prototype at this time I believe. Couldn't find the product page anywhere.

That makes 2 of us. I was hoping someone has better “googling” skills than me.....

-Skip

That makes 2 of us. I was hoping someone has better “googling” skills than me.....
Nah... you still got it. Had hopes for this product for some time, but they're waiting it out I guess... maybe engineering didn't quite work out over long term testing with a range of screens that people would inevitably strap onto the thing. The welding job on the head bracketry isn't exactly solid (some had failed we're told). The Tracer owners could see this available for their bikes maybe.
PUIG has the ERS up on there site but not listed for the MT/FJ-09 
https://puig.tv/en/noticias/news/electric-regulation-screen

So I sent them off an email asking for an update on the release date and got a very short answer

"This product is still in R+D and no release date is available at this time"

So one less gizmo to add to the bike this year.

Cheers

Well, after much reading and making the best decision I can this point I have just ordered the V-stream touring for the fj. It has been great to read all the good and bad of all the options out there along with the pics so Ill report back asap on what I find. Should be here tomorrow and will install but just looking for a chance to try it out some.... we are still dealing with cold temps and weather but have no issue taking a spin. Again thanks for everyone input and points mentioned.

Hello Snowgoer,

I have spent 8500 miles behind the tall touring V-Stream windscreen including a Lake Superior Circle Tour trip (rained on all 4 days) and it works pretty darn good.  I am 6ft, 165lbs Shoei GT Air helmet.  Yes, it does look a bit tall at times, but the protection is well worth it as I could care less if it rains or not preferring function over form.  

6_C52_E65_D-.jpgIMG_1424.jpg

Hello Snowgoer, 

I have spent 8500 miles behind the tall touring V-Stream windscreen including a Lake Superior Circle Tour trip (rained on all 4 days) and it works pretty darn good.  I am 6ft, 165lbs Shoei GT Air helmet.  Yes, it does look a bit tall at times, but the protection is well worth it as I could care less if it rains or not preferring function over form.  

Thanks for the reply and report with yours. I read your post on your lake superior loop ( I think it was yours?) and really enjoyed it! I spend ALOT of time in and around all the UP of Michigan as I have a cabin in Wetmore (Munising technically) and I think you stayed in that area on your trip. I am big into snowmobiling and the region has the best snow around. Anyway... I installed the windscreen tonight and It looks great and fit is excellent . Will try it out likely this week just to see, I am sure it will be just what I need. One thing I did notice is there web site says there touring shield is 17.25" from top of tank to top of shield ... I measure 19.25? and yes the shield adjustment is at its lowest setting?

6_C52_E65_D-.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

Screen looks good, snowgoer, but - no diss - I wouldn't travel too far with that l-a-r-g-e box on the back secured (?) only by a cuppla elastics...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I did the Lake Superior Circle Tour (LSCT) in 4 days, Monday - Thursday which worked out very well traffic-wise, also managed 49mpg.  Talked with these folks at the Motorcycle Show https://www.ridelakesuperior.com/en/plan-my-ride and they had some good trip ideas.  I went in late June so a bit on the cooler side (40's-50's) on the Canada side.  

Already have my Iron Butt planned out for this year when the weather breaks and also have a MN-Boise ID trip planned for late June.  The beauty of the FJ is you can stand up on the pegs and ride "Adventure style" when you need to stretch.  Makes people stare quite a bit though haha.

Just need to do some electrical modifications though.  The 12V power supply vibrates loose so I am going to hardwire my GPS and newly added iPhone.  Should be interesting. 

I have mapped out Lakeville MN-Fargo-Omaha-Des Moines-Lakeville for a Iron Butt Saddle Sore with stops every 130 miles or so.  

I also rode clockwise staying in Thunder Bay, Sault st. Marie CA, Baraga MI, then back to southern MN.  1604 miles.  The only thing the trip needed was a few more pull-offs to view the lake.  There were some spectacular views, only nowhere to jump off and "absorb" the scenery; part of what makes motorcycling so awesome.  Non-riders just do not get that part.  Ok, now I am getting really anxious to start riding!!!!!

By the way, your parking pic is a somewhat familiar sight.  I am an ER nurse and park inside our ambulance bay when the weather scanner reports "large hail & damaging winds"  Everyone freaks out "you rode your motorcycle? don't you know it's suppose to rain?"  do you think I want my car to look like a golf ball?  and that is what rain gear is for silly people.

Hello Wordsmith,

That pic is from Dedsxy 47(me).  It is an Autel x-star premium drone which I transported to a local park only a few blocks from my house.   And no it is not stable, quite awkward in fact.  Actually it was my first time transporting it on two wheels.  It is those grab bars that keep it from mounting properly.   There are two things I really miss from my 05 FJR 1300.  The electric windshield and the hard bags.  It really was a good bike, 24K miles in 2 years.  But then I traded it in for a Ducati 1098 and my entire life changed forever.......

Spent a little time out with the V stream touring .... I think I really like it ! Way more deflection up and over and just enough around the chest and shoulders for me. Along with the new seat from Terrys custom seats it is really a better bike for the longer rides.... VERY happy with both of these ! 

Nah... you still got it. Had hopes for this product for some time, but they're waiting it out I guess... maybe engineering didn't quite work out over long term testing with a range of screens that people would inevitably strap onto the thing. The welding job on the head bracketry isn't exactly solid (some had failed we're told). The Tracer owners could see this available for their bikes maybe.
PUIG has the ERS up on there site but not listed for the MT/FJ-09 
https://puig.tv/en/noticias/news/electric-regulation-screen

So I sent them off an email asking for an update on the release date and got a very short answer

"This product is still in R+D and no release date is available at this time"

So one less gizmo to add to the bike this year.

Cheers

Received another update today from PUIG, much to my surprise, and they informed me that the ERS system will be available for the MT-09 Tracer before the end of the year. Better than no release date. 
Cheers

Glad you like it.  It stinks when you want to make a mod and not sure how it will turn out, especially the higher priced ones.  Received my EBC brake pads so hopefully, they will improve the braking performance.  Looks like others have fared well from the upgrade.