FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

When I bought this bike a few weeks ago this small dark smoke shield the previous owner put on I'm liking a bunch. I'm an ole VMax guy. The shield reminds me of the old small shield that just covered the round speedo on top of the triple tree. It took the wind off your chest and you get clean air to your helmet. Not for touring of course but for every day it works for me. Cheap too! Here's the link;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-Bubble-Windshield-Windscreen-For-2015-2016-Yamaha-MT-09-MT-FJ-09-Tracer/132681153437?hash=item1ee469bb9d%3Am%3AmwHGQAHEVB_5LCF4kS3sN0A&var=432005649932

FJ09_1.jpg FJ09_7.jpg FJ09_9.jpg

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
PUIG has the ERS up on there site but not listed for the MT/FJ-09 
https://puig.tv/en/noticias/news/electric-regulation-screen

So I sent them off an email asking for an update on the release date and got a very short answer

"This product is still in R+D and no release date is available at this time"

So one less gizmo to add to the bike this year.

Cheers

Received another update today from PUIG, much to my surprise, and they informed me that the ERS system will be available for the MT-09 Tracer before the end of the year. Better than no release date. 
Cheers

Well I figured I would poke the bear and see what the status was for the ERS mechanism and the response mirrored last springs response so I am not holding out much hope of actually seeing one of these units on my bike.....so sad. 

Cheers

• 7 months later...

I'm going to order the Cal Sci based on a very good experience with one on my GS. Great windshield. 

Question for those who have them - What size would you recommend? I'm tall but this bike isn't my routing bike, so I don't necessarily want to remove the airflow. But right now the stock wind screen aims the wind right at my helmet, which is a bit loud. I'm tall, so I guess I may need the big one, but would like to hear from those who have one. 

• Supporting Member

@nevada72 - if you read through some of these windscreen posts, you will get wildly varying opinions, its VERY subjective as to what  "works" for you.

Before looking at a huge screen, read through some of the posts by users who actually get smaller screens to cure their wind noise/buffeting issues.  My brother has a naked bike with no screen at all, we go on 5-7 day rides and frequently swap bikes, obviously approaching 100mph there is wind force on your chest but it is clean and quiet air.  Everyone loves riding his bike and always comment on the lack of wind noise.  

One thing to remember, this isn't a FJR/C14 or Goldwing - set your expectations accordingly. 😎

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...

Best mod I have done yet.  Mini windscreen and removed handguards.  Solved all my wind issues.  No more buffetting on the freeway, much cooler, better air flow.  The bike actually handles better too.  Front end feel is great now.  More flickable side to side. Screen is made by Powerbronze.

mini ws crop 1.JPG

58776257613__04B2ACBF-CDD7-47D4-B60D-753E0359DC93.JPG

IMG_5393.jpg

Edited by Scooter426
more pics
  • Thumbsup 4
  • Thanks 1