Corbin Seat on the Way

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
4371606.jpg

I'm 5'11" with a 31" inseam. I can sit on the FJ09 with the Corbin seat and remain flat footed. I never had the stock seat on the bike because I had the Corbin ordered with the bike. I can tell you that the Corbin is on the stiff side but did break in some after a couple of thousand miles. I also bought the Corbin conditioner and have put on two applications. I don't know if the conditioner helped soften it up but it does protect it. I'm still undecided if I want to go to Corbin (They are about and hour from me in Florida.) and have them redo the foam to make it softer. I'm at around 4600 miles on my FJ09 now and after about 200 miles on a ride I do get a little swirmy in the seat. So either I'm getting used to the seat or the seat is getting better. The seat is great quality and looks fantastic.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I've had the Corbin for about 3 months and am very pleased.  I'm 6' and have a 31 inch inseam.  I can easily place both feet flat.  It seems like the Corbin is about an inch higher than the stock seat.  I had it at the higher level.  The firmer seat material has not been a problem.  I am experiencing no fatigue or discomfort, whereas the stock seat was never comfortable.  Corbin customer support was excellent and the delivery was earlier than the estimate given at ordering.  I ordered it with the red piping and it is an eye- catching look.

G8r
red FJ 09

Sargent seat is told to release end of this month and it will be a 2 piece seat
Lets see if they meet that time frame.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Sargent seat is told to release end of this month and it will be a 2 piece seat
Their website currently says April, and it's in the final stage of the development process.
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Their website currently says April, and it's in the final stage of the development process.
Thanks for the update.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

[attachment id=681" thumbnail="1]I'm 5'11" with a 31" inseam. I can sit on the FJ09 with the Corbin seat and remain flat footed. I never had the stock seat on the bike because I had the Corbin ordered with the bike. I can tell you that the Corbin is on the stiff side but did break in some after a couple of thousand miles. I also bought the Corbin conditioner and have put on two applications. I don't know if the conditioner helped soften it up but it does protect it. I'm still undecided if I want to go to Corbin (They are about and hour from me in Florida.) and have them redo the foam to make it softer. I'm at around 4600 miles on my FJ09 now and after about 200 miles on a ride I do get a little swirmy in the seat. So either I'm getting used to the seat or the seat is getting better. The seat is great quality and looks fantastic.

Hey martyl. What kind of hard bags are you running? They look awesome.

• Premium Member
They're Hepco & Becker. Moto machines who is a supporting vendor on this forum sells them. I got mine through my Yamaha dealer. I like that they top load and the support frame for them is very sturdy. Look at Moto machines thread on them.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I had a Corbin on a previous bike, but never really satisfy with it.

Found it too wide, too flat, and a too firm for my liking! ... possibly designed for heavier riders?

Whenever I removed the Corbin seat from the bike, it was always a struggle to get the seat back in the locking position.

I now send the 'standard' seat off and have it modified to my specifications. Far cheaper option! ... Plus, as I am using the same hardware, I know it'll always fit!

Archived