wessie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is your wife standing nearby?
Dad Gummit Wordsmith, I just snorted hot coffee through my nose!  Do you have ANY idea how uncomfortable that is?   grin.png   grin.png  grin.png
Thorry, ph! :'(

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
I think that might be the issue. The positive side was facing the tail of the bike. I will try that when I get home. Thanks for the help. 

Don’t panic if the bike still seems dead after you reorient the battery, as you likely blew a fuse or two. Easy fix, and no permanent damage done.

Check this thread for details:
https://fj-09.org/thread/6010/battery

• 2 years later...
On 11/3/2017 at 8:21 PM, hawk said:

ytz14s does fit perfectly

(Sorry for  de-zombifying the thread, but this thread has the only mention of this particular Yuasa battery model that I could find)
Anyone know if it will specifically fit a 2017 Euro-spec Tracer 900?
FWIW, the stock battery for it is the YTZ10S, so probably yes, but I'd rather be sure.
My service shop, which I'm overall very happy with, insisted on using some French battery brand (BS Battery) I'd never heard of previously when it was time for the bike's first replacement. It was cheap, but the battery only lasted 2 months, and the measured voltage got as low as 2.7V . The shop replaced it without issue, but 8 months later the replacement is completely dead again -- so much so that the bike can't even be started from a jump-starter device (engine runs fine, but as soon as the jump-starter is disconnected, it dies).

So, Yuasa OEM only for me -- everyone I know who has one  has theirs last for 5+ years. I figure while I'm doing that, if there's physical room, I might as well go for a slightly larger-capacity battery for a bit of a safety margin -- prices here are very similar for the YTZ10S and YTZ14S.

• 1 year later...
  • Supporting Member

I have a WinPlus Car Jump Start & Portable Power Bank model AC56388 and wonder if it is compatible with our bikes battery?

It's a rechargeable lithium ion with a rated capacity of  8000mAh (3.7V) / 2700mAh (12V). Start current is listed at 200A - 350A.

Handy size for tail bag and has a couple of USB ports for charging phones etc.

Jump Start.jpg