It is the Way...

2and3cylinders

• Premium Member

I rode with T3 yesterday and got soaked for 200 miles.  I dont care about me so much, and while my perforated A* boots didn't get very wet and my mesh jacket, Coolmax LS shirt and Kevlar jeans are really no worse for the wet, cleaning the FJ is PITA.  When I got home last night I rinsed it down and blew it off but the detailing will be a couple of hours more.

T3 is one of 5 Tom's I had to number like 7 of 9 (ref. "Voyager" and "Picard"), because we all rode together and otherwise it would have been Bable.  They actually answered and referred to each other in this manner.  LOL

Pavlov's dogs...

Anyway, T3, is a dozen years my junior and very set in his ways, opinionated to the extreme and quick to reject new things without any real diliberation.  Yes, I also ask myself why I bothered but T1, T2 and T5 retired and moved to warm climes, and T4 passed.  Unbeknownst to me, T3 figured if we got wet yesterday he'd ride again today. Which has been of course beautiful and dry.

Problem is I worked early yesterday morning till 11 so I could ride with T3; as we hadn't before this season (and after he canceled on me a half dozen times).  So I figured I'd go the extra mile for old times sake.  I had to work today because I rode yesterday afternoon, and was in no shape today to ride anyway consequently.  🫠

I should of stuck to my guns and worked Saturday and rode today...

Old times are memories and sometimes best forgotten.  It is the Way.

At least I got home last night with only 1k to 60!  WooWoo

Not too bad in 6 years (bought my fastest red 15 new in late season 16) given what I've gone through health wise in those years...

20230722_200836.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

Being opinionated and set in ways.......nothing wrong with that at all, I have noticed you being a bit the same. ;) I overall like/prefer to ride by myself unless on a big trip or the likes, I never let myself down or cancel. :)

• Premium Member

The difference is when I hear, see or read about something, almost anything, new, different or I was unaware of, I am intrigued and try to learn enough to make an informed decision; if for any other reason to expand my knowledge base.

T3, like many people, immediately says he's not interested, it's unnecessary or what he has or does is better without the slightest further thought or hesitation.  Primarily because he has an attention span of a gnat. 

With the instant gratification Of social media and YouTube, I find people have no patience to read anymore and think things through.

• Thumbsup 1

48 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

The difference is when I hear, see or read about something, almost anything, new, different or I was unaware of, I am intrigued and try to learn enough to make an informed decision; if for any other reason to expand my knowledge base.

T3, like many people, immediately says he's not interested, it's unnecessary or what he has or does is better without the slightest further thought or hesitation.  Primarily because he has an attention span of a gnat. 

With the instant gratification Of social media and YouTube, I find people have no patience to read anymore and think things through.

No argument from me there at all, I strive to be extremely open minded all the while thinking critically for myself.......also damn near impossible to offend me. 😁

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

No argument from me there at all, I strive to be extremely open minded all the while thinking critically for myself.......also damn near impossible to offend me. 😁

LOL, me too.  Self-analysis can be dangerous for your psyche though but still, it is the Way.

Still, SWMBO is my watchdog, and always LMK when I veer off course, has so for 43 years!  She has fantastic insights, as she was a Special Ed, kindergarten and 1st grade teacher.  As I'm basically a very big 6-year old, I keep her busy...

I also prefer riding solo and never with a pillion.  Then I have no one to blame but myself.  It can be risky on long trips though, and I don't have a SPOT or other such device.  I've thought about activating the "crash sensor" setting on my Zumo XT.

• Thumbsup 1