Bluetooth headsets

fzkenm

Long time Cardo Scala G9 user. Four years. Had many issues with my G9. When it refused to pair with my wife's Scala unit (after previously pairing) and then refused to power back up AND Cardo Scala telling me they no longer support the unit in any way, shape or fashion, I immediately ordered a Sena 20s dual pack and took a hammer to my two, Scala units. Felt good to smash those. I also sent a letter to Cardo Scala, with ZERO response. Yeah, I'm a little bitter about that.

So far my 20s units have been working great, with few, if any issues. They pair with my phone immediately and the intercom feature works good- almost too good. The wife likes to tell me to slow down. Often.

Very pleased with my 20s units. :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Been using the Smh10 for at least a coupla years. Great system. Ride with a coupla buds that have them also. Had issues pairing occasionally but we figured it out. Have riddin in all day rain with no problem. Haven't had any problems with either of my units. Have a buddy that has been through 2 of them. One a battery issue and short life. Both covered under warranty. Sena customer service is very good. I'll stay with the 10s till they take a dump. Do wish there was a bit more speaker gain tho.
2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

• 2 months later...
Anyone has tested the Sena 10U or Cardo SHO-1?
Way too expensive for my needs (I only use mine - Q3 - solo for a - legal - anti-speed camera application and occasionnaly for music on long trips. I could even get away with a 100€ Qz) but I'd be curious to hear about it.
The Sena Comes in for Shoei GT Air/Neotec/J-Cruise/Schuberth C3/Arai, the Cardo for Shoei only.
They're more discreet than the other models.

• Premium Member
I have a Sena 20S for an older helmet and a Sena 10U that I use with my Schuberth C3 Pro helmet that I absolutely love. The 10U is controlled by a handlebar remote that comes with the unit and the sound quality is fantastic. The 10U is completely hidden and integrated into the helmet so there is nothing externally to control on the helmet. It is not a cheap setup but in my eyes completely worth it. You get what you pay for! I mostly only use it for music and the occasional phone call while riding.

Chuck

• Premium Member
I have the UCLEAR HBC200. Owned it for 3y9m. Best after market helmet bluetooth system I've owned, but it's the ONLY system I've owned. Being external, it does expose the wire/connector. I've ruined two of the headphones because I wasn't careful when unplugging for charging, but that was my own fault. I use mine for music while riding, as well as phone calls. Wife says I sound good, with just a hint of muffling in my Monoco Lazer.

• Premium Member
Mixed results for me on the 20s. I bought a pair for I and my wife. We had to return them twice, didn't work. Found out any 20s with a serial number starting with lower than a 15 was problematic. They updated the firmware and the latch and the third set worked fine. Then I bought another as a present for my riding buddy. It doesn't pair up and is going back. The remaining pair works fine. This is too much work.

Archived