Footpeg feelers

• Premium Member
Curious, what boots do you guys wear that have laces? I can see how the laces can get caught in the feelers, but come to think about it, a motorcycle has lots of bits that can tangle a boot lace, at various stages of mounting or dismounting.
My main concern would be around home, moving the bike in/out of the garage wearing non-bike clothing. I wouldn't want to get a lace of my best moccasin slippers caught up in one of the feelers and headbutt my drive whilst not wearing a helmet or whilst wearing shorts :)
I agree, wouldn't want that to happen. But if it is going to happen, please do capture it on video. I can see it on one of those Youtube Fails videos.

It happened the first time when I rode the less than a mile to my local dealer - I was wearing Clarks loafers as I was walking back home via a trip to Gregg's for breakfast and Sainsbury's for groceries.  

Wessie, I so badly want to see a picture of this. You wearing loafers, upon your motorcycle and a fresh steaming hot coffee... err, tea? in one hand and paper in the other. And for some reason a sherlock tobacco pipe and hat are popping into the mental image... Yes, That is a front page picture that is truly worthy.

• Premium Member
It happened the first time when I rode the less than a mile to my local dealer - I was wearing Clarks loafers as I was walking back home via a trip to Gregg's for breakfast and Sainsbury's for groceries.  

Wessie, I so badly want to see a picture of this. You wearing loafers, upon your motorcycle and a fresh steaming hot coffee... err, tea? in one hand and paper in the other. And for some reason a sherlock tobacco pipe and hat are popping into the mental image... Yes, That is a front page picture that is truly worthy.

We aren't all Basil Rathbone, you know :P

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Alt-Bergs
The dual use? Looks quality, I'll try it some time. Excuse for a Yorkshire tour...
I have the Hogg. Richmond is a nice town and it is good to see where the boots are made - you can see into the factory from the fitting area. There can be a 3 month wait for them though. 

Archived