Quick Yosemite day trip....

gst95dsm

• Premium Member
Negative on coming up from Oakhurst, I'll have to add that to my list of things to do! 

Here is a photo from my favorite part of hwy 49.

glory-L.jpg

2bitchslap_zpst7e3ufi6.gif Very funny by the way. (rofl) 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Great seeing Yosemite from a fj kind of way keep them pictures coming. I really miss cal went to college of the Sequoia's then moved back east to new England many moons ago. But got back every so often I will have to take a cross country venture soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Wow I really lagged on getting some more pics of Tioga Pass and 395 up..... well here ya go.  

IMG_1795_zpsqg6gdzvd.jpg

Climbing El Cap... lol

IMG_1809_zpsk40e4trh.jpg

IMG_1811_zpspwmvb13b.jpg

IMG_1814_zpsqvc1b0ys.jpg

IMG_1819_zpsnebbyywl.jpg

IMG_1820_zpscsyx8mvl.jpg

IMG_1823_zpsxxiuimvc.jpg

IMG_1826_zpszkg6yrdg.jpg

IMG_1827_zps2vluddd5.jpg

IMG_1829_zpsohiraw2r.jpg

Top of Sonora Pass,  the Pacific Crest Trail crosses the road right here as well..... Pretty cool spot.

IMG_1843_zps0e33wr6i.jpg

IMG_1848_zpsiu9sp69b.jpg

About two weeks after this trip...... I hiked Half Dome.  QUITE the adventure and quite the test of willpower.  

IMG_1885_zps1mlfafeq.jpg

IMG_1870_zpshgxmwrsu.jpg

The infamous cables.... 

IMG_1881_zpsjxfjowtl.jpg

Until my next adventure..... thanks for looking!

• Premium Member
Great pictures, I need to get up there again, this time on my F-Jay. The wife and I at some tree structure.

20120831_170559.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

You climbed Half Dome!

Did you enter the lottery for a pass or just go?
Congratulations. That hike is something else. I chickened out at the shoulder and didn't do the cables, my fear of heights gripped me something awful. But the hike was the most strenuous workout ever I've done.

Really great pictures. Yosemite is such a beautiful place, thanks for the post!

You climbed Half Dome! 
Did you enter the lottery for a pass or just go?
Congratulations. That hike is something else. I chickened out at the shoulder and didn't do the cables, my fear of heights gripped me something awful. But the hike was the most strenuous workout ever I've done.

Really great pictures. Yosemite is such a beautiful place, thanks for the post!
Yeah I entered the lottery.  I had been planning to get this done this year,  and train for it.  I bruised some ribs surfing in April and that seriously messed up any hope of training.  I still decided to apply for the permit and once I got it...... it was game on.  I told myself I'd turn back if it was too much or if I didn't reach the summit by 3pm.  Well I made it by 2pm,  it was VERY difficult for me.  I am a big person,  6' 4", 255lbs.  I was by far the biggest human on that mountain that day,  lol.  Carrying another 30lbs or so in my pack was also a factor.  Anyhow...... got it done.  I really enjoyed going up the cables to be honest.  My legs were cramping pretty bad by then so a couple times I just turned around and sat down outside the cables (slightly,  still holding on),  and hung out until I could continue.  I think those minutes spent on the cables hanging out were my most memorable.  I was feeling pretty good the first few miles coming down,  then with about 3 miles to go,  I had to really push to keep going.  The problem was that resting actually made my legs feel worse,  they would just tighten up and not want to get going again.  Lactic acid build up..... needless to say I pushed through it,  talked to myself,  laughed about my predicament,  pondered life's biggest questions,  all that good stuff you do when you're completely physically drained.  I made it back to my truck around 8pm.  I had said a little prayer that I hoped my wife sensed how drained I'd be and would have found a way to meet me at the truck so she could drive me home.  It's about a 2hr drive.  No such luck..... I hopped in the truck and drove home.  Left my house 3am that morning,  arrived back home around midnight.  Long day doesn't even begin to describe it.  One of the coolest things I've ever done though.  

Congratulations! Coming down was the most painful part for me and my group. However, sitting outside of the cables would have freaked me out- you get extra bravery points!

Training was essential, but I had no idea how strenuous it was going to be.

I agree that it is one of the most rewarding things I've ever done and encourage everyone to make the trip, and the hike if possible.

Next time I go, I hope to be on an FJ.

Thanks again for your post, pictures, and your perspective on the hike.

• 6 months later...

Archived