Hepco & Becker "crotchless" skid plate

First I want to state that I have no interest in a shet storm about Moto Machines. If you take a deep breath and look back I do not flog Moto... I say the promotional material here and on the H&B site. I actually offer that I will reserve judgement about Moto until I hear from Moto. I am not alone in being surprized be the product when it arrived.

I am bright enough to know that the promotional materiel being displayed here belongs to H&B, And having twenty years in as a mechanic/welder/fabricator I more than likely understand the underside of my bike and possibly the complications around designing a functional "skid plate".

I will graciously accept the offer to return the skirt for a full refund and I appreciate that as I do not want the product. Inadvertently I am still out around $100 in shipping and duty costs.

I also currently have other products on order from Moto that are produced by H&B and expect them to arrive as advertised. The promotional photos fully show the product and I expect to be happy with the product.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

First I want to state that I have no interest in a shet storm about Moto Machines. If you take a deep breath and look back I do not flog Moto... I say the promotional material here and on the H&B site. I actually offer that I will reserve judgement about Moto until I hear from Moto. I am not alone in being surprized be the product when it arrived. 
I am bright enough to know that the promotional materiel being displayed here belongs to H&B, And having twenty years in as a mechanic/welder/fabricator I more than likely understand the underside of my bike and possibly the complications around designing a functional "skid plate".

I will graciously accept the offer to return the skirt for a full refund and I appreciate that as I do not want the product. Inadvertently I am still out around $100 in shipping and duty costs.

I also currently have other products on order from Moto that are produced by H&B and expect them to arrive as advertised. The promotional photos fully show the product and I expect to be happy with the product.

@troll Sorry if the way I worded that came off prickly. Crap. I'm one of those guys that if I say something to ya in person, we laugh and bs for an hour. But when I type it out, it sometimes comes out wrong in translation. I guess as a Forum admin, I better work on that! Sorry bro

Cruizin, no offence taken... I'm a pretty durable lad and take little personally.

I worked for a bright director who once told me E-Mail is the worst form of communication when issues arise. It is one sided without the benefit of the nuance of inflection and visual cues. The receiver/reader applies their emotional referencing to what they are reading. We all do this to a greater or lesser degree depending how hooked up we are on the issue. Communication by any means is an art and few of us are artists. When I really need to be clear I do it in person or at the very least by phone (which I have done with Albert @ Moto Machines). Over 90% of our communication with others is non-verbal.
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
@troll Sorry if the way I worded that came off prickly. Crap. I'm one of those guys that if I say something to ya in person, we laugh and bs for an hour. But when I type it out, it sometimes comes out wrong in translation. I guess as a Forum admin, I better work on that! Sorry bro
I guess we all know and understand the old saw [em]"measure twice, cut once".   [/em]Same applies to e-mailing - type once, read twice, out loud if necessary.   [em]Hmmmm[/em] - must try that some time... L of S

Archived