3rd Gear Noise

Mine too. It's developed a bit of a rattle. I notice it in Neutral when the clutch is out - disappears when I pull the lever in. Also, it's got a bit of a judder in low revs in 1st when pulling away. I'm going to take it back to get it looked at I think. 

If you take it back let us know what they find out. Mine does the exact same thing as yours.
well, I finally got it looked at and the cause for me is a "clutch shifter bearing" which needs to be replaced - along with the clutch gasket obviously as they had to open it up.  I eagerly await getting it back and confirming that the rattle is no more.

• 2 weeks later...
I came to this forum to ask if anyone else was experiencing gear whine. I just bought mine and it now has 900 miles on it. Sixth gear has a loud whine between 50 and 65 - it is essentially silent at lower and higher speeds. The same noise is noticeable in gears 3 & 4, but not nearly as loud as 6th. Gears 1, 2, and 5 are silent at all speeds. I've noticed all gears are silent when the engine is cold - it takes about 5 miles before I start to hear it and it gets louder as the engine comes up to full operating temperature. On a recent 300+ mile ride with a passenger on mountain passes, the sound was alarmingly loud. I began to wonder if we would make it home -- we did, but it was very worrisome the whole way back.

I would like to know if anyone has experienced gear whine, particularly in 6th gear, and whether it changed after the engine fully broke in. Anyone with over 5K miles experiencing this problem?

Archived