Yamaha Accessories- on backorder :(

I picked up my Candy Red FJ-09 a week ago Saturday.  A week prior I had ordered the following from the Yamaha dealer.

FJR Side Cases-Candy Red - [strong]July 6th!
[/strong]Mounting Bars for bags  [strong]May 25th
[/strong]Lockset- [strong]July 30th!
[/strong]Heated Grips- June 15th
Rear Rack- not sure, some are in stock at a whse in CA.

I have a trip planned for June 7th, MAYBE I'll have the rear rack in time?? If not, I guess I take my other bike (if it's not sold by then)

I was told at the time they were unsure when everything would be in but that the bags are usually 3-5 days or so.

Today I got a straight answer when these would be ready. :( :( :(  See above dates.

I realize the FJ has been a runaway sales success, but c'mon Yamaha- these lead times are CRAZY!!!

Guest rszk
I hear ya! I ordered all my accessories back in March. Still missing the heated grips and the mounts for the side bags. They are telling me (in Canada) July now. I've got a trip at the end of June. I have my top bag and associated hardware, my side bags, but  it sure would be nice to mount the side bags up.I'm wondering if maybe someone could post a photo of the side mounts and maybe they could be fabbed up by my local machinist?

I picked up my Candy Red FJ-09 a week ago Saturday.  A week prior I had ordered the following from the Yamaha dealer. 
FJR Side Cases-Candy Red - [strong]July 6th!
[/strong]Mounting Bars for bags  [strong]May 25th
[/strong]Lockset- [strong]July 30th!
[/strong]Heated Grips- June 15th
Rear Rack- not sure, some are in stock at a whse in CA.

I have a trip planned for June 7th, MAYBE I'll have the rear rack in time?? If not, I guess I take my other bike (if it's not sold by then)

I was told at the time they were unsure when everything would be in but that the bags are usually 3-5 days or so.

Today I got a straight answer when these would be ready. :( :( :(  See above dates.

I realize the FJ has been a runaway sales success, but c'mon Yamaha- these lead times are CRAZY!!!
I ordered my grips back on 3/20. Last month they told me early may. I just called to check and now they are saying 6/15. Not sure what is holding things up but it sounds like Yamaha needs to revamp their distribution network...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Everything is in!!!! WHoo Hoo!

Heated grips, BOTH hard bags, mounting hardware and lockset all arrived about a week ago!

I had the dealer install the grips as part of the first service last week. I put the mounting hardware on Sunday, the Candy Red FJR bags look great!

Also, I have the US rear rack for a trunk, and the only alteration I had to make with the hard bag lower mounts was to add two small washers to the left side bracket.  Other than that, easy peasy. :)

Glad you got all your items in @cricket1.

I ordered the grips when I bought my FJ on June 6th. Dealership called me two days before my scheduled first service and said they're back ordered. It had been about a month since then and hadn't heard anything, so I called in yesterday. They told me around the middle of August for the expected delivery. Parts guy also told me that 6 others are waiting on FJ items to arrive and expressed his frustration with the delay of the factory accessories. So, I'm hoping to receive the grips before winter :P

I ordered all side bags, mounts, locks, top plate and heated grips when I bought the bike 5 weeks ago.
Everything has come in now except the heated grips which remain "on backorder." No date offered for when they might arrive.
I was initially quoted they would arrive by mid-july. Fingers crossed!

Archived