30 liter Saddle Bags for the FJ

Thanks to you guys, I ordered the color matched red FJR bags for my FJ-09. The mounts were back ordered though, so I put them in my girlfriend's truck on the way back home. I went for them because I wanted helmet and grocery hauling capacity without fitting a top case. I have a Dryspec bag set for additional capacity when camping, but I try to do regular tours with just the panniers and a small tank bag.

Guest spackler
Thanks to you guys, I ordered the color matched red FJR bags for my FJ-09. The mounts were back ordered though, so I put them in my girlfriend's truck on the way back home. I went for them because I wanted helmet and grocery hauling capacity without fitting a top case. I have a Dryspec bag set for additional capacity when camping, but I try to do regular tours with just the panniers and a small tank bag.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price difference between the FJ bags and the FJR bags?

Not that much. About $80 per side. The dealer gave me a decent discount on both the bike and the accessories. He only added a small $100 fee, which I did not bargain down, since I got the bike for only $9,300. I was OTD for $11,600, including the 5 year warranty, the FJR bags+lids, bag mounts, lock tumblers and keys, heated grips, second DC outlet, and the lower seat.

Guest spackler
Not that much. About $80 per side. The dealer gave me a decent discount on both the bike and the accessories. He only added a small $100 fee, which I did not bargain down, since I got the bike for only $9,300. I was OTD for $11,600, including the 5 year warranty, the FJR bags+lids, bag mounts, lock tumblers and keys, heated grips, second DC outlet, and the lower seat.

I think I met you at the dealer on Friday. I was looking at the grey FJ. They wanted me to buy but I'll wait for the red. I also want the red FJR bags.

Ha! Yeah, that was me, short guy, picking up the red one on Friday, and freezing my hands off riding back through the mountains. I underestimated the cold since I usually run with heated grips. But, my girlfriend would call me on my intercom and would pull over for me to get in the truck and warm up my fingers every 20 miles or so.

The bike is fantastic. Go for it.

Just remember to order the locks for the bags. They are a separate part number that only comes with the bags if ordered on an FJR.

Thanks for the measurements of the bag widths redfjniner!

papadage, congrats on the new FJ, sounds like you are setting it up well.

Safe to assume the locks for the bags will be using a different key the than the bike?

Curious to see if the locks could be re-keyed to use one key for everything.

Read where you're short, me too, so I will follow your postings on how your mods go to make it fit you.

Archived