• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Footpegs

• Premium Member
The stock foot pegs never bothered me until today.

Today, I got caught in a big rainstorm. With Traction control, I felt very safe.

However, the stock footpegs are soooo slippery when wet. I could barely keep my feet on them while encoutering bumps...

It might be a combinaison of my boot + metal pegs that makes them slippery, I don't know.

I had a ride this summer where it was a torrential downpour. When I climb on the bike I normally stand on the inside peg to get my leg over; it's a lot easier when the bike is fully packed and looks less silly than the kick-the-foot-onto-the-seat-and-hop technique. In the rain, though, I slipped right off no matter how careful I was. It was disconcerting.

I haven't had trouble while actually riding the bike, thankfully.

My Sidis are almost worn through the sole and that likely doesn't help, but when dry I never have any trouble.

I would be ok with more of a motocross footpeg, I think.

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 3 months later...
I've been VERY happy with them in all aspects. 
Hello Clint & Trench, 

Today, I got caugth in a big rainstorm. With Traction control, I felt very safe.

However, the stock footpegs are soooo slippery when wet. I could barely keep my feet on them while encoutering bumps...

It might be a combinaison of my boot + metal pegs that makes them slippery, I don't know.

So this made me wonder if the Ebay Fz6 rubber footpegs are also slippery when wet ?

Did you ride in rain with them ?

If less slippery, I think I will buy them, because the stock foot pegs are just plain scary, and I MUST use this bike in all weather. :)

Thanks in advance !

I'm looking at these as well, will they be the same for the front and the rear for the passenger
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181040482980

Thanks

• Premium Member
Do you get any buzz or vibration through these? Aren't the pins on the FZ and the FJ the same? What  dimension on the pins did you have to change?

I've used the stock OEM pegs, FZ6 pegs and now Super Tenere pegs. The stock pegs are buzzy and slippery in rain. The FZ-6 are perfect really at a great price point! Good vibration damping, comfortable and not slippery. The Super Tenere pegs provide the same, and are better looking.

IMG_0566.JPG
pegs.jpg

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

Hello Clint & Trench, 

Today, I got caugth in a big rainstorm. With Traction control, I felt very safe.

So this made me wonder if the Ebay Fz6 rubber footpegs are also slippery when wet ?

Did you ride in rain with them ?

If less slippery, I think I will buy them, because the stock foot pegs are just plain scary, and I MUST use this bike in all weather. :)

Thanks in advance !

I'm looking at these as well, will they be the same for the front and the rear for the passenger
http://m.ebay.com/itm/181040482980

Thanks

Anyone?

Clint, do you perchance have a link to the Super Tenere rubber/cleated footpegs you had pictured? Are those the stock footpegs? They look to me to be the best of both worlds and SWMotech's version is very pricey at $159 for a set.  I'd like to see something under $100 if at all possible...

TIA!!
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
Clint, do you perchance have a link to the Super Tenere rubber/cleated footpegs you had pictured? They look to me to be the best of both worlds and SWMotech's version is very pricey at $159 for a set.  I'd like to see something under $100 if at all possible... 
TIA!!
One source is Babbits Yamaha Parts House. Here's what I ordered: Product Unit Price Qty Total
Cover, Footrest

Cover, Footrest

Item #23P-27413-00-00
$8.54 2 $17.08
Footrest

Footrest

Item #23P-27451-00-00
$22.59 1 $22.59
Footrest

Footrest

Item #23P-27461-00-00
$22.59 1 $22.59
Spring, Torsion

Spring, Torsion

Item #90508-20041-00
$2.95 1 $2.95
Spring, Torsion

Spring, Torsion

Item #90508-20051-00
$2.95 1 $2.95
.Pin, Cotter

.Pin, Cotter

Options: Old Sku: 91401-25015-00

Item #91490-25020-00
$2.95 2 $5.90
Pin

Pin

Options: Old Sku: 91701-08040-00

Item #91702-08040-00
$2.95 2 $5.90
Subtotal: $79.96
Salestax: $0.00
Shipping: $20.75
Order Total: $100.71

Thank you soooo much, very helpful!!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Btw, MC Motoparts makes an FZ-09 peg with a 360 swivel, so you could raise or lower the pegs a little.
http://www.mc-motoparts.com/products/trc-cnc-front-rider-foot-pegs-24mm-adjustable-fit-yamaha-mt-09-13-14.html

I put a seat of their pegs on my Datyona. They held up well and are quite impressive for the price.
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675