Footpegs

Looks like it's Clint, FTW!:

"Got these FZ6 footpegs off ebay and have been using them for 5 months now. They're comfortable and do a good job of reducing vibrations."

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Not loving my stock fj09 rider footpegs. A bit buzzy, not that comfortable and a bit hard on both my boot and foot when standing depending on which boots I am wearing. Top too hard, sharp and hard.

Not sure what to do about it as it might take something that can swivel so the top can be aligned both when sitting (angle forward) and standing (more horizontal).

SO far most interesting looking options I see is the super tenere, or maybe the puigusa ones although both I have only seen in pics.

I was hoping to find some pics of folks with these on their fj09s to check out but unsuccessful so far.

Even the fz6 peg shown above might be an improvement over stock, but I am hoping for something even a little more comfortable.

• Premium Member
Not loving my stock fj09 rider footpegs. A bit buzzy, not that comfortable and a bit hard on both my boot and foot when standing depending on which boots I am wearing. Top too hard, sharp and hard. 
Not sure what to do about it as it might take something that can swivel so the top can be aligned both when sitting (angle forward) and standing (more horizontal).

SO far most interesting looking options I see is the super tenere, or maybe the puigusa ones although both I have only seen in pics.

I was hoping to find some pics of folks with these on their fj09s to check out but unsuccessful so far.

Even the fz6 peg shown above might be an improvement over stock, but I am hoping for something even a little more comfortable.
Check out this page, and a ways down Clint talks about the FZ6 and the S-ten pegs. Am taking my FZ6 pegs off right now and replacing with the S-tens. http://fj-09.org/thread/1361/footpegs?page=2

• Premium Member
Is that parts list on the st pegs still complete as far as you know? 
Does the top of the peg angle work out when sitting?

Seems like a good solution. Thanks much, Bill
The parts list is what I copied off of my invoice. Peg angle should work fine, but as soon as I get them on I will post a reply. Clint already has his mounted and has been riding them a while, maybe he could chime in here.  

• Premium Member
Is that parts list on the st pegs still complete as far as you know? 
Does the top of the peg angle work out when sitting?

Seems like a good solution. Thanks much, Bill
The parts list is what I copied off of my invoice. Peg angle should work fine, but as soon as I get them on I will post a reply. Clint already has his mounted and has been riding them a while, maybe he could chime in here.
Yes, the list looks perfect. The peg mount on the left is actually adjustable, but the right is fixed. Angle is perfect when sitting. It takes some work as you'll have to grind or cut off about 5mm from the new pegs. Then fitting it all on the bracket takes some fiddling. When you've got it done it's pretty tight and wants to bind a bit on movement, but spraying some penetrating grease on the pivot pins and spring made it all work great!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I've been using the Street Rally ones for a while now (like many french FJ owners) and am very happy with those. They look like the Super tenere ones showed previously. 53€. Reference: 1RC-274M0-00-00. Purchased from my Yamaha dealer.
img_2010.jpg

I went too the Yamaha dealer and sat on a Super Ten - man, those are some nice footpegs!! For me, I think it's gonna come down to either the Super Ten's pegs or the ones shown in the FleaBay link (swivel pedals) that Fanowater posted.

I like the Super Ten's pegs because of the squishy rubber, probably really help with some of the buzz. Buuuut, I like the swivel pedals for their adjustability. FWIW, the legroom on the Super Ten was like riding a Lazy Boy, the most legroom I've ever encountered on a bike.

Decisions, decisions...
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
I look forward to hear what you think after you mount the super tenere pegs.  they look like a great solution
The SuperTen pegs are the best solution for me. Vibration reduction, traction when I stand up to stretch and look great. Very happy with this farkle. 
IMG_0566.JPG
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
I look forward to hear what you think after you mount the super tenere pegs.  they look like a great solution
Got them mounted and I am quite happy with them. What I especially like is the construction of the rubber insert. They are hollow and open on both ends to provide drainage, and reduce vibes, very clever. One of our European posters said he used the Yamaha Street Rally pegs, along with a part number. I wonder if he had to grind the mounting bosses to get them to fit, or was it a straight bolt up. Price looks about the same as the US S Ten kit. 

• Premium Member
I've been using the Street Rally ones for a while now (like many french FJ owners) and am very happy with those. They look like the Super tenere ones showed previously. 53€. Reference: 1RC-274M0-00-00. Purchased from my Yamaha dealer. img_2010.jpg

Are they a straight bolt on or did you have to grind the mounting bosses to squeeze them in? They look just like the S Tens. 

The SuperTen pegs are the best solution for me. Vibration reduction, traction when I stand up to stretch and look great. Very happy with this farkle. 
IMG_0566.JPG
Any modifications needed to install those S10 footpegs?

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

for people still deciding I went with these:
PdXd83N.jpg

shiny and pretty, but I am not in love. They are still a bit slippery when wet and transfer much vibes. Since I just bought them they stay for a while but I will most likely switch to Super Ten pegs down the road.

Anyone interested in a trade?  P-)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Got them mounted and I am quite happy with them. What I especially like is the construction of the rubber insert. They are hollow and open on both ends to provide drainage, and reduce vibes, very clever. One of our European posters said he used the Yamaha Street Rally pegs, along with a part number. I wonder if he had to grind the mounting bosses to get them to fit, or was it a straight bolt up. Price looks about the same as the US S Ten kit.
Can you explain what you had to grind away to mount the super tenere pegs on the fj?   
Part of the new peg or did you have to modify the bike (other than grinding off the end of the pin to be able to remove the old peg)?

Is it the part of the new peg that the pin goes through is to "thick" to fit inside the pin bracket on the bike?