Footpegs

• Premium Member
Got them mounted and I am quite happy with them. What I especially like is the construction of the rubber insert. They are hollow and open on both ends to provide drainage, and reduce vibes, very clever. One of our European posters said he used the Yamaha Street Rally pegs, along with a part number. I wonder if he had to grind the mounting bosses to get them to fit, or was it a straight bolt up. Price looks about the same as the US S Ten kit.
Can you explain what you had to grind away to mount the super tenere pegs on the fj?   
Part of the new peg or did you have to modify the bike (other than grinding off the end of the pin to be able to remove the old peg)?

Is it the part of the new peg that the pin goes through is to "thick" to fit inside the pin bracket on the bike?

OK, what I'm referring to is the part of the peg that surrounds the hole the pin goes through. Had to grind about 5mm off the bottom to get them to fit into the bracket. Not a big deal really. Yes, I drilled out the rivit on the one side to get the stock pegs off, and used the pins that came with the S Ten kit. 

Hi,
No modifications needed to install the Street Rally pegs, they fit perfectly and the package contains everything you need to install them.

But you do have to grind the bolt with a power drill on the original left peg in order to remove it, it doesn't have a pin like the right one for some reason.
Here's a photo of the original bolt once removed (borrowed on the french FJ forum):

img_2020.jpg

[EDIT] sorry, didn't see the previous post. But I guess you have the answer above: no modification needed, all good

Would like to see a top view of that street rally footpeg to see how wide the rubber is as compared to the super tenere.

What year street ralley is that peg for?  In looking online at pics of the current street rally, the pegs look like the metal ones like the fj-09 comes with.

A UK source of the Street Rally "adventure pegs" http://yamabits.co.uk/yamaha-mt-09-adventure-foot-pegs.html £39.50 plus £3.90 postage
I wonder if these come with all of the necessary hardware (springs, pins, etc). I'm guessing no when looking at the price.
Another point of confusion for me with that link is that it says not compatible with MT-09 Street Rally ABS

• Premium Member
I wonder if these come with all of the necessary hardware (springs, pins, etc). I'm guessing no when looking at the price.
Another point of confusion for me with that link is that it says not compatible with MT-09 Street Rally ABS

If you note the Yamaha part no. in this post http://fj-09.org/post/32721 by @jeremielapuree and his follow up at http://fj-09.org/post/32814 your anxiety will be assuaged. @jeremielapuree refers to a Yamaha part no. for the pegs and then goes on to say the kit includes everything you need. 

Just do a search for part no. 1RC-274M0-00-00 at any local Yamaha supplier near you to get the same kit fitted by @jeremielapuree

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
Can you explain what you had to grind away to mount the super tenere pegs on the fj?   
Part of the new peg or did you have to modify the bike (other than grinding off the end of the pin to be able to remove the old peg)?

Is it the part of the new peg that the pin goes through is to "thick" to fit inside the pin bracket on the bike?

OK, what I'm referring to is the part of the peg that surrounds the hole the pin goes through. Had to grind about 5mm off the bottom to get them to fit into the bracket. Not a big deal really. Yes, I drilled out the rivit on the one side to get the stock pegs off, and used the pins that came with the S Ten kit.
I went the S Ten route and thought it was kind of a pain.  Took like two weeks to get all the parts from Babbit's Yamaha with $20 shipping.  Had to grind both pegs down 5mm as mentioned, I couldn't get the left peg to fit properly with the spring so I gave up and left it in the down position.  Bottom line is they were not made to fit this bike but, the first time you get caught in the rain with the stock pegs you'll realize why you need something different.  Seems like most pegs are only as strong as the pin that is holding it in place anyway.  At some point I'll swap them out for something made for the 09 but, for now they feel pretty good. 

• Premium Member
I went the S Ten route and thought it was kind of a pain.  Took like two weeks to get all the parts from Babbit's Yamaha with $20 shipping.  Had to grind both pegs down 5mm as mentioned, I couldn't get the left peg to fit properly with the spring so I gave up and left it in the down position.  Bottom line is they were not made to fit this bike but, the first time you get caught in the rain with the stock pegs you'll realize why you need something different.  Seems like most pegs are only as strong as the pin that is holding it in place anyway.  At some point I'll swap them out for something made for the 09 but, for now they feel pretty good.  

It takes some persuading on the left side, but the spring WILL fit. Once it's all setup, it's simply wonderful. I'm glad I went through the trouble as the vibration isolation, non-slip surface and look are just perfect! IMG_0566.JPG

Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I have these being delivered tomorrow. I will chime back in on how straight forward the install is. Several FZ09 guys had left good reviews, so we'll see tomorrow. They only cost me $11.50, so if they don't work out, at least I'm only out a few bucks.

41XQVWCPQ7L.jpg