No handle bar ends...

Ok guys & gals, got to take the FJ for a spirited ride today and while the new bar ends do not make it V4 smooth it is a very noticeable improvement over stock.

I do recommend them and believe the improvement more than offsets the cost.

Contact Sue at HVMP and she'll make your hands happier!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bmidd
Ok guys & gals, got to take the FJ for a spirited ride today and while the new bar ends do not make it V4 smooth it is a very noticeable improvement over stock. 
I do recommend them and believe the improvement more than offsets the cost.

Contact Sue at HVMP and she'll make your hands happier!
I've used HVMP on other bikes and have always had favorable results. The vibes on this bike don't bother me, I ordered a set of FZ-09 bar ends yesterday.

Guest rszk
I like my handguards, but the bar end weights would be a welcome addition if they work with the handguards.

I wonder if the vibes will be less once the engine is a bit more broken in, and when the throttle bodies are synched at the 600 mi service? I've got 350 miles, so not there yet.

No difference in vibes after the service. I am a bit more sensitive than most to vibes as I got hurt in the military and the median and ulnar nerve in my left hand had to be reconnected.

Guest bmidd
I installed FZ9 bar ends. The factory bars are threaded and dont take universal ends. The FZ version are nicely weighted and fit like factory, cause they are. Much improved in the looks department to me. Have yet to ride it with new ends, but did ride it w/o the hand guards and felt fine to me.
Show us the how you managed to get an M16 thread into our handlebars please. FZ-09 bar ends look like this: 

Bar-end_zps3mjw6j3t.jpg

• Premium Member
I installed FZ9 bar ends. The factory bars are threaded and dont take universal ends. The FZ version are nicely weighted and fit like factory, cause they are. Much improved in the looks department to me. Have yet to ride it with new ends, but did ride it w/o the hand guards and felt fine to me.
Show us the how you managed to get an M16 thread into our handlebars please. FZ-09 bar ends look like this: 

Bar-end_zps3mjw6j3t.jpg
You mean after taking off the hand guards? Looks close to me: confused2_zpsv8dmakkf.gif
20150223_093914_zpsw8mc24d9.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest bmidd

Bar-end_zps3mjw6j3t.jpg
You mean after taking off the hand guards? Looks close to me: confused2_zpsv8dmakkf.gif
20150223_093914_zpsw8mc24d9.jpg

Whew, I will rest easier tonight! I'm in a hotel and not near my bike, I didn't get a chance to pick up my bar ends yet and I was worried about it fitting, I got that pic from the FZ forums. Is there an insert in the end of the bars that takes to down to the smaller end screw? My wife is giving me stink eye at the restaurant.

• Premium Member

Whew, I will rest easier tonight! I'm in a hotel and not near my bike, I didn't get a chance to pick up my bar ends yet and I was worried about it fitting, I got that pic from the FZ forums. Is there an insert in the end of the bars that takes to down to the smaller end screw? My wife is giving me stink eye at the restaurant.
Yes, there is. Not sure if you are kidding or not, but the handguards must go to use the FZ-09 bar weight.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Guest bmidd
I was taking them off for the summer and no I wasn't kidding, I haven't taken the hand guards off yet and I'm hundreds of miles away from my bike. I was looking at a parts fiche in the restaurant and I had to go to the restroom before my wife took my phone away. Thanks for the reply, it was going to be a long night. I got my seat in Friday and haven't been able to test it yet. Been a long 3 weeks with no 2 wheeled therapy.

Guest bmidd
My FJ took M8x1.25 hex head screws. I used 40mm stainless to fit some R6 Delrin bar ends. The R6 had M6 screws, so I bored out the delrin to fit...
From looking at the parts fiche online, it looks like the insert that holds the M8 screw comes out and the large bar end from the FZ will fit in. I will check when I get home this afternoon.

u3q7dt
I was taking them off for the summer and no I wasn't kidding, I haven't taken the hand guards off yet and I'm hundreds of miles away from my bike. I was looking at a parts fiche in the restaurant and I had to go to the restroom before my wife took my phone away. Thanks for the reply, it was going to be a long night. I got my seat in Friday and haven't been able to test it yet. Been a long 3 weeks with no 2 wheeled therapy.
Sorry i was away from here for a few...but previous response is correct.  Once you remove everything related to the hand guards, the FZ parts thread in and fit flush.  I'll try to post some pics.  or click  IMAG1382

u3q7dt

Guest bmidd
u3q7dt
Sorry i was away from here for a few...but previous response is correct.  Once you remove everything related to the hand guards, the FZ parts thread in and fit flush.  I'll try to post some pics.  or click  IMAG1382

u3q7dt

I installed them yesterday! I like it much better than hand guards.

Archived