No handle bar ends...

I am the second owner of my bike, and it came with HVMP bar ends (and the hand guard discarded). The stock bars are already too wide, and the bar end weights made the bars unacceptably wide for commuting (lane sharing). After cracking a couple of SUV mirrors, I took off the HVMP weights. For my hour long commute even tho the bars seem a little buzzier, my hands feel no different. If I'll do some backroad riding or touring I thread them back on, but day to day I don't use them. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
On 5/21/2015 at 10:28 AM, hvmp said:

If you can modify or remove the handguards, and remove the threaded handlebar insert, and the OEM FZ-09 bar ends fit, then ours (FZ-09) will fit too, and be much heavier.

Vince is testing something slightly different - a bar end that will attach without removing the threaded insert.  It fastens where the handguard is attached via a 8mm bolt.

Either setup should be much heavier than stock, and should provide significant vibration mitigation.

And welcome to the forum 😃

I might be looking into these as well.  Would they be made with a flat enough profile to mount the clamp-on style bar end mirrors?

just an example:

rizoma_mirror_reverse_retro.jpg
WWW.REVZILLA.COM

The Rizoma Reverse Retro Mirror adds to any bike's aesthetic with its timeless styling and beautiful finish.

Archived