Leaking valve cover gasket

Exactly. I can do stoppies if i pull the lever quickly. Put if i pull the lever slowly i can knock it against the bars with no braking power. Very dangerous in traffic. The mechanic that came at my house to pick the bike up saw it immediately after i explained to him. My dealer has ordered a front master cylinder that they will receive at the end of the month :o like i said earlier. They say they opened the cap and saw air bubbbles coming up at times. Man i hate to see you guys seem to have this issue too. I'll call the dealer owner to see if he can make me a good deal on V 1000 i guess. The recall, skewed front end, oil leak, front brake problems. I regret my buy. Last year i tried the V 1000. Superb engine. Good wind protection, ergos, comfy seat like my V 650. Just hated the looks that would have given me a hard time to sell it, and felt just a bit heavy but for touring it can be a plus.

Guest bmidd
Exactly. I can do stoppies if i pull the lever quickly. Put if i pull the lever slowly i can knock it against the bars with no braking power. Very dangerous in traffic. The mechanic that came at my house to pick the bike up saw it immediately after i explained to him. My dealer has ordered a front master cylinder that they will receive at the end of the month :o like i said earlier. They say they opened the cap and saw air bubbbles coming up at times. Man i hate to see you guys seem to have this issue too. I'll call the dealer owner to see if he can make me a good deal on V 1000 i guess. The recall, skewed front end, oil leak, front brake problems. I regret my buy. Last year i tried the V 1000. Superb engine. Good wind protection, ergos, comfy seat like my V 650. Just hated the looks that would have given me a hard time to sell it, and felt just a bit heavy but for touring it can be a plus.

Good luck. I have none of the problems you describe. Enjoy that thrashing vibration filled Kawi.

Wow. What can i say to that. Hummmm, good luck to you too!

Ps: Btw i was just expressing myself. I have blue blood in my veins. Trust me I'd really like to love this bike. It's been a bad start so far. I don't know (don't care either) where you are from but i just lost a month of riding in a short season. I don't have time to ride a road bike for leisure so i ride to work as much as i can to enjoy the liberty a bike can make you feel. When i have free time i go ride my dirt bike on mx tracks with my son. Yamahas! If you were in my shoes you probably would understand why i'm angry.

Ps: Btw i was just expressing myself. I have blue blood in my veins. Trust me I'd really like to love this bike. It's been a bad start so far. I don't know (don't care either) where you are from but i just lost a month of riding in a short season. I don't have time to ride a road bike for leisure so i ride to work as much as i can to enjoy the liberty a bike can make you feel. When i have free time i go ride my dirt bike on mx tracks with my son. Yamahas! If you were in my shoes you probably would understand why i'm angry.
If it's any consolation, I feel for you. While I haven't experienced the issues you are having, I definitely understand it would suck if I did experience them. Hopefully you can get things resolved quickly.

I feel for you. I havent been that happy with mine either and had wished I would of bought the Kawi also but after looking at there forum I think I will stick with the fj, growing with the achs and pains. My other bike is a kawi sportbike and maybe yamaha and kawi put alot more effort into make sure these bikes then they do any other. Both the sportbikes to me are flawless. I think you might regret switching for a heavier bike.

• Premium Member
Going all the way to the grip is air in the lines that need to be bled our, or it may be a bad master cylinder. When I got my bike brand new, I noticed the front brakes were not fantastic. After they bedded in, they are great. No problems now. If you find the brakes adequate, but not great, just wait a few hundred miles. If after that the brakes still are not adequate, time to take it back. You should not be having all those problems with a brand new bike. Tell the dealer to bleed the brake lines and see if the problem continues.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I thought my brakes were horrible as well, but once they bedded in they are much better. I was ready to order new pads and s/s lines. Now I will wait until after I do a track day to judge how they work.

Guys read my posts carefully. I have enough braking power to lift the rear wheel if i want to. I'm losing pressure while braking slowly. Very dangerous. The bike does not stop while pulling the lever fully! So the dealer tested the bike, so has the guy who picked up the bike. They ordered a new master cylinder. I'm a car mechanic. The first thing i did was checking the pads to see if they were right in their spots. And secondly, i bled the brakes. The bike is under warranty. I did more than enough from my side. I did not tell them though...

Btw, still no news from Yamaha Canada ???. Do they have a phone number? You can only write to them via their site(Contact us thing)

Thanks.

I had this copied when I thought I had to deal with an issue on another product. Not sure if the numbers are for general customer service or only warranty but sure they could forward..

A. Warranty appeals can be made through your dealer or by contacting Yamaha directly by e-mail or by phone. Before e-mailing or calling, please be sure to have your complete model code and VIN # to ensure prompt service.

Head Office
(416) 498-1911

Western Branch
(604) 944-9499

Quebec Branch
(450) 641-2602

Thanks!! I just returned from another Yamaha dealer to buy some parts for son's dirt bike. They had a red FJ in the showroom. Tried the brake lever. Working fine! Could not reproduce my problem.

Archived