YAMAHA FJ-09, MT-09 TRACER Knuckle guard LED Kit - v2

• Premium Member
I installed mine last weekend. Really like the look and quality of the pieces.
BB - is installation quite as easy and semi-fool-proof as the on-line instructions appear to show? I have a pair on order...
L of S

Yes. Pretty straight forward.  Just follow the directions. For power, I used Posi-taps and tied into one of the power outlet wires.  Turn the key and the lights come on.

• Premium Member
Just got mine in the mail today. Ordered May 14th, shipped (from South Korea) the 16th, and received today the 18th. Not bad for being so far away and listing the delivery dates as June 2nd to July 1st!! Now to install them.....

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Just got mine in the mail today. Ordered May 14th, shipped (from South Korea) the 16th, and received today the 18th. Not bad for being so far away and listing the delivery dates as June 2nd to July 1st!! Now to install them.....
If the product is as good as the service and delivery, all will be great: mine arrived yesterday (May 18th) after about a week from ordering!
Since I'm utterly useless at moto electronics and in any case have to wait for a cuppla weeks before the install, would you be so good as to pass on any tips or hints, and especially detail the wiring, which - from the instructions - seems to be via an existing plug on the bike.   Which colour wire goes to which colour wire, etc!
Will appreciate your input...
L of S

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Received mine today. Five days shipping. Nice quality pieces. Seemingly worth the money. Looking forward to the install to see how they look on the FJ.
Any tips, hints, pix on the install will be appreciated. L of S

BB - is installation quite as easy and semi-fool-proof as the on-line instructions appear to show? I have a pair on order...
L of S

Yes. Pretty straight forward.  Just follow the directions. For power, I used Posi-taps and tied into one of the power outlet wires.  Turn the key and the lights come on.

Do you know what size of posi-taps are needed? I have to order them from the uk and found this vendor with different sizes.
http://kojaycat.co.uk/Connectors-Posi-Tap

• Premium Member

Do you know what size of posi-taps are needed? I have to order them from the uk and found this vendor with different sizes.
http://kojaycat.co.uk/Connectors-Posi-Tap
I used the red ones, which were perfect for the job. 

Thanks. Sorry for being a complete idiot but what cable did you connect the posi-taps to? All additional tips on installation (especially connecting the wires) not shown in the manual would be most appreciated..!:)

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Thanks. Sorry for being a complete idiot but what cable did you connect the posi-taps to? All additional tips on installation (especially connecting the wires) not shown in the manual would be most appreciated..!:) 

Ditto ditto ditto - I DO admit to being a complete no-hoper when it comes to electrical stuff! L of S

Ditto ditto ditto - I DO admit to being a complete no-hoper when it comes to electrical stuff! L of S

Not sure how your French is but the pictures might help on this link: http://www.mt09.net/t4098-installation-des-clignotants-led-a-l-avant

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia

Not sure how your French is but the pictures might help on this link: http://www.mt09.net/t4098-installation-des-clignotants-led-a-l-avant

Thank you for the good intentions, but unfortunately (a) my schoolboy French is not that good and (b) the installation shown seems to refer to side-lights: and the two wires in my LED's pigtail are white and black, too... But I do appreciate your interest.
I'm sure others can (and hopefully will ) post helpful words/ pix.
L of S

Thank you for the good intentions, but unfortunately (a) my schoolboy French is not that good and (b) the installation shown seems to refer to side-lights: and the two wires in my LED's pigtail are white and black, too... But I do appreciate your interest.
I'm sure others can (and hopefully will ) post helpful words/ pix.
L of S

Know the existence of Google Translate... ;)I thought you wanted to know how to connect the wires...the pics show you exactly where you can hook up the wires...where black is ground and the other color is positive.