Just for the record. I love my FJ

I think I am getting used to the seat. I have about 750 miles on her now. I am keeping my eyes open for possible aftermarket seats. I know that Corbin will possibly be making one. But still the nicest bike to date. Love how it handles and love the low and mid-range power. Perfect.

I think I am getting used to the seat. I have about 750 miles on her now. I am keeping my eyes open for possible aftermarket seats. I know that Corbin will possibly be making one. But still the nicest bike to date. Love how it handles and love the low and mid-range power. Perfect.
Have to say I like the bike quite a lot too. The only minor quibble I have is the windshield. Most people change that out on their bikes anyway so I'm good with it. If you take a look at any windshield thread on any bike forum the common theme is no one windshield works for every rider. I actually like how easy it is to change out, so you could even count that as a positive. I plan to get a touring and a shortie shield so I can switch them out depending on what type of riding I will be doing. I keep going back and forth on the seat. I think I may try an air pad to see if that helps. I'm tall enough I wouldn't mind if it lifts me up a little bit. I just don't think humans were meant to sit in one position for that long so I'm skeptical any seat is really going to help all that much and I can't blame the bike for that. I have the goal of only doing mods that allow me to return the bike to completely stock without repurchasing any parts. So far I think I can accomplish that goal pretty easily and still have the bike of my dreams. Everything I have planned so far would allow me to return it to stock within about 15 minutes, except the heated grips which I almost consider a stock item anyway. That's pretty impressive to me.

Archived