• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Fenda Extenda front fender extension & rear hugger extension

Found the following Pyramid Plastics products for the FJ/FZ bikes for additional protection. Not sure how much more protection they will add, but I have had very good results with their front fenda extenda on my FJR's.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fenda-extenda-yamaha-fz-09-fj-09

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fenda-extenda-hugger-extension-yamaha-fz-09-fj-09

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Dealer fitted from fe ad extender and put4 screws in and it's great. I glued the rear on myself. There are no screws included. Has already gone back for a full refund.. This product is not for me.Will now get the full R&G hugger soon

Dealer fitted from fe ad extender and put4 screws in and it's great. I glued the rear on myself. There are no screws included. Has already gone back for a full refund.. This product is not for me.Will now get the full R&G hugger soon
I am really happy with the fit and finish on the R&G hugger and it seems to keep a lot of the yuk off the rear shock. 
Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
I just had to clean my radiator. The amount of muck that collects on the header pipes, oil filter and the radiator is incredible. If Yamaha marketing is reading here please take note. Most buyers of this motorcycle is, ahem, mature. We remember 60s and 70s cafe racers with nostalgia. We also battled with carburettors, chokes, points (contacts) and distributors, coils, 6V electrics and other ancient crap not to fall for the hipster craze. We want a modern bike that works. We're also mature enough to know our Tracers are not sports bikes. Please put a fecking mud guard on it that stops mud flying all over the engine, radiator, my boots and other sensitive parts. Ditto on the rear wheel. Thanks for listening.

• Premium Member
I just had to clean my radiator. The amount of muck that collects on the header pipes, oil filter and the radiator is incredible. If Yamaha marketing is reading here please take note. Most buyers of this motorcycle is, ahem, mature. We remember 60s and 70s cafe racers with nostalgia. We also battled with carburettors, chokes, points (contacts) and distributors, coils, 6V electrics and other ancient crap not to fall for the hipster craze. We want a modern bike that works. We're also mature enough to know our Tracers are not sports bikes. Please put a fecking mud guard on it that stops mud flying all over the engine, radiator, my boots and other sensitive parts. Ditto on the rear wheel. Thanks for listening.
To my mind, this is the high water mark to shoot for. Voodoo and his friends have made the best looking solution to the problem in my opinion. Wish we could persuade them to make more! http://fj-09.org/thread/2095/custom-carbon-fiber-front-fender

• Premium Member
To my mind, this is the high water mark to shoot for. Voodoo and his friends have made the best looking solution to the problem in my opinion. Wish we could persuade them to make more! http://fj-09.org/thread/2095/custom-carbon-fiber-front-fender

Eww. That "carbon effect" is so 1990s. Any mudguard should be colour matched to the bike's bodywork. IMV. YMMV, HAND etc etc

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

Eww. That "carbon effect" is so 1990s. Any mudguard should be colour matched to the bike's bodywork. IMV. YMMV, HAND etc etc
It's not "carbon effect" though. It is carbon fibre. Seems well made. Could be painted if you'd like to. I guess GRP would have worked as well. I seriously don't understand why the manufacturers seem to believe that the short style is more important than functionality. Sell the bike with a functional unit and sell an optional stylish piece of crap for those that value form over function. 

• Premium Member
It's not "carbon effect" though. It is carbon fibre. Seems well made. Could be painted if you'd like to. I guess GRP would have worked as well. I seriously don't understand why the manufacturers seem to believe that the short style is more important than functionality. Sell the bike with a functional unit and sell an optional stylish piece of crap for those that value form over function. 

Simple economics - saves a few pennies per bike which makes a difference on the bottom line. 
Most people ride under 2000 miles a year, never in rain so it won't affect the purchasing decision . Those like johan and me that commute in all weathers will adapt the bike if needed as we always have to, and any complaints we make are meaningless as we are insignificant in sales terms.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

Ahhh, that explains it....in the 1990s I was riding a '72 Norton Commando and a '75 Ducati, neither of which had carbon fiber anything. The '90s bikes got right past me, so I didn't even notice the CF. I'm a little late getting to the CF dance, hence it's appeal. I bet the fender works just fine though. 

• Premium Member
Ahhh, that explains it....in the 1990s I was riding a '72 Norton Commando and a '75 Ducati, neither of which had carbon fiber anything. The '90s bikes got right past me, so I didn't even notice the CF. I'm a little late getting to the CF dance, hence it's appeal. I bet the fender works just fine though.
Well to each his own but I do think carbon fiber is great when it's actually carbon fiber..

Archived