Yamaha Heated Grips, Anyone install them?

I know I'm kicking up somewhat of an older thread, but I came across this Marine Grade Heat Shrink Tubing that is adhesive lined, and cheaper than some of the other heat shrink I've seen on amazon. I'm wondering if it's worth buying or just doing the E tape method...
I think heat shrink is better than electric tape because the wraps of tape can slide around more than the single piece of tube.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I recently installed them and didn't do any kind of insulation and they're balanced nicely. In another thread someone mentioned they were wired in series, so make sure they're plugged into the correct color connectors at the fuse box. Another rider had them backwards and he said they were balanced after he corrected the wiring quick connects.

I recently installed them and didn't do any kind of insulation and they're balanced nicely. In another thread someone mentioned they were wired in series, so make sure they're plugged into the correct color connectors at the fuse box. Another rider had them backwards and he said they were balanced after he corrected the wiring quick connects.

Well shit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived