I've Gone Nekkid

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow this one look much nicer than mine !

Oh well ill have to try go wider if it gives more protection and less noise...
Nice work !

Lets start a production line and and make calsci, givi and zero gravity bankrupt...

• Premium Member
Nice Job beberle!
I think the carbon fiber look is awesome and plan on checking that out straight away. My Thunderbird Sport had a solid fly screen and I never felt not seeing right in front of the tire was an issue.

Have you played around at all with the angle of the screen or mounting it slightly farther out?

Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

From a rider's perspective, you can't even tell the screen is really there. Like riding a naked bike, but with the benefit of blocking much of the wind to your torso at speed. 
- at 75mph, the pressure on my wrists is neutral. Without the screen, there is definite negative pressure (pulling).  This is in the lowest position. If I was doing a longer highway trip, raising the screen to the highest setting takes a little more pressure off of your chest, but still keeps the helmet in clean air.

• Premium Member
One more step in the process! I removed my side bag mounts. The existing screws are too long to put back in, so I pulled out my trusty carbon wrap and went-to-town once again. 

CDFCF78C-F6D8-40BA-8BAF-2DE401D25549.jpg

That stuff is like WD-40, good for everything. Good job. clap_zpsdyza0r53.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

And now, the piece de resistance... Bar-end mirrors. I love that naked bike feel of levitating down the road with nothing obstructing your view. Even though these mirrors are smaller than stock, rear visibility is improved by being out on the end of the bars. They're EBay cheap-Os that I wanted to use as proof-of-concept, the visual quality of the glass isn't great, but definitely confirm form and function.
- you'll never guess how I finished the stock mirror mount holes...
CE040F94-E242-49D0-9FE8-981BBCFBF436.jpg
04AD92A5-4140-410F-8DE6-CD25B5781480.jpg
e2e1f8dc-b0e5-4de1-a84d-8a41a6b82924.jpg

I'm only on day two and I was thinking removal, too.  But, I'm gonna wait till the weather changes in the fall.  I might really want those hand deflectors and windshield then.  Also, I bet aftermarket windshields will be more available in all sizes, shapes and colors in a while.

Uh-oh. My last mods came in... Not sure how I feel about that!
  I put a Yamaha badge on my carbon windscreen to give it a more finished look. My adjustable clutch and brake levers came in from China. I wasn't sure about going gold to match the forks, but they match better than expected and give the bike a little color. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the levers as well. Reach to the clutch lever is much improved now. 
  All dressed up, now have to find somewhere to go  ;)

E9A55B30-9899-43C8-B7DA-8780E2769F57.jpg
2BBD5C58-5EE5-4D7A-AFAE-66D1BBCE5653.jpg
4C7115D2-C2E8-4A3B-A6FC-E64F9D59CE21.jpg

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
Uh-oh. My last mods came in... Not sure how I feel about that!   I put a Yamaha badge on my carbon windscreen to give it a more finished look. My adjustable clutch and brake levers came in from China. I wasn't sure about going gold to match the forks, but they match better than expected and give the bike a little color. I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the levers as well. Reach to the clutch lever is much improved now. 
  All dressed up, now have to find somewhere to go  ;)

E9A55B30-9899-43C8-B7DA-8780E2769F57.jpg
2BBD5C58-5EE5-4D7A-AFAE-66D1BBCE5653.jpg
4C7115D2-C2E8-4A3B-A6FC-E64F9D59CE21.jpg

They do look really good, bb.   Care to post a contact for the source?   Was fitting them easy enough or does one need an MIT degree?? Thanks...
L of S

Looks good Beberie.Does the clutch side lever touch the back of the control cluster when fully engaged?
Thanks

Archived