Cross linked brakes

Guest eatpasta
I hate linked brakes. That is all. amazon_zpsfidrgfkm.gif
Yeah I dont like the way the FJR acts under braking for sure.  No bike should stand up going into a corner when only the front brake is applied.
    I didnt even know the FJR had linked brakes until I had a fast run down Mulholland I came into a corner pretty hot and grabbed a handful and the bike stood up and tried to run out of the corner.
     Of course it was my fault for not knowing.  I'm not sure why you would link the brakes but I would imagine it would be to ultimately help the bike stop faster and with more stability.
      The one good thing that came out of the FJR linked brakes for me was that it made me much more cognizant about using both front and rear while on road.  At least how I understand it - you dont have full use of all the front pistons by just using the front brake lever.  At least one of the front pistons are actuated by the rear brake pedal - so if you ever want to utilized the full power of the front brake, you HAVE to use both.
       For lane splitting its cool because I have always used the rear brake to control the bike between cars and you can do that by just using the front.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
dammit, Im always late for the party
I missed the handbagging as well, bloody continental time difference...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived