New owner quibbles

Took my first day ride, 200 or so miles, and I'm beginning to more fully appreciate the bike's qualities as I get in sync with it. I was annoyed, though, that the "ride mode" seems to re-set itself to the intermediate position every time you stop, requiring you to re-set it on every startup if that's not the mode you prefer. Is that how it's supposed to work?  Also had to laugh at the so-called helmet-lock cable in the tool kit -- you could probably cut it with nail clippers. 

That being said, it was a good day on a very entertaining bike, and I look forward to more. :)

Yes. That is how the drive mode is supposed to work, unfortunately. I would call the cable a helmet holder more than a helmet lock. Nice they thought of it, but inconvenient to use and no real assurance that it's locked. Although, I'm not sure why someone would want to steal a helmet. It's like wearing someone else's underwear.

• Premium Member
Took my first day ride, 200 or so miles, and I'm beginning to more fully appreciate the bike's qualities as I get in sync with it. I was annoyed, though, that the "ride mode" seems to re-set itself to the intermediate position every time you stop, requiring you to re-set it on every startup if that's not the mode you prefer. Is that how it's supposed to work?  Also had to laugh at the so-called helmet-lock cable in the tool kit -- you could probably cut it with nail clippers.  
That being said, it was a good day on a very entertaining bike, and I look forward to more. :)
You could have your ECU flashed to default to the A mode if you like. linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived