WTF, Yamaha?...

Guest spunrdneck

• Premium Member
Why is it that Yamaha makes us purchase a bunch of items to have our side cases rather than sell a kit? I agree that it is nice to have all of the pieces available individually for replacement purposes but, I have my cases (with soft inserts) sitting there and I can't mount 'em! lower brackets and locks are on back order with my heated grips. so, I say "if there was a side case starter kit, that had everything needed to begin with, I for one would be much happier"!   [strong]Am I alone on this?[/strong]  Why make us order 6 separate components to outfit our bikes with what should be a single accessory purchase? (2 cases, 2 mounts, 1 lock set and one set of rubber thingies for the mounts) I did get the little rubber thingies for the lower mounts B-| ...whatever!
I will stop whining now, I have other goodies to install and keep me busy!
Yeah, I talked to the shop the other day about my bags.  The good news... the bags are here.  The bad news... I'll have to find some way to balance them on the bike waiting for the mounts.  Yamaha can't tell the dealer when they will arrive, only sometime in June.  Seriously, the dealer is hoping they'll be here in the next 2 weeks (in time for a trip), but they aren't sure.  At this point, I'm expecting to break out a set of very old soft saddle bags so I can go. 

Why is it that Yamaha makes us purchase a bunch of items to have our side cases rather than sell a kit? I agree that it is nice to have all of the pieces available individually for replacement purposes but, I have my cases (with soft inserts) sitting there and I can't mount 'em! lower brackets and locks are on back order with my heated grips. so, I say "if there was a side case starter kit, that had everything needed to begin with, I for one would be much happier"!   [strong]Am I alone on this?[/strong]  Why make us order 6 separate components to outfit our bikes with what should be a single accessory purchase? (2 cases, 2 mounts, 1 lock set and one set of rubber thingies for the mounts) I did get the little rubber thingies for the lower mounts B-| ...whatever!
I will stop whining now, I have other goodies to install and keep me busy!
When I placed my deposit on the FJ-09 back in early December I stated I wanted the sidecases. When the FJ arrived on 23 Dec so did the sidecases and the dealer installed theml 

• Premium Member
When I placed my deposit on the FJ-09 back in early December I stated I wanted the sidecases. When the FJ arrived on 23 Dec so did the sidecases and the dealer installed theml

This is a thread for whining, not winning. Go away. :)

Guest spunrdneck
I didn't pre-order mine but I did purchase everything at the same time... been over a month and that seems excessive.honestly, I think they did not anticipate the popularity of the bike with all the goodies!

Archived