12 volt dc outlet fuse

stephen

• Premium Member
the power outlet has a low fuse rating so you can't run thing with motors like a tyre pump - it's just for phones, satnavs and other low power, electronic devices - there are 2 fuse boxes, both under the rider's seat. The fuse positions are detailed in the owner's manual - page 6-32 in the Tracer/UK version of the manual, page 7-32 in the N America manual.

You will need a 2A fuse in position 6 for Aux fuse 1. Don't be tempted to use a large fuse as the wiring to the socket may not be able to take the current for a 15A tyre pump like the Slime Power Sport - these should be run directly from the battery using croc-clips or a separate heavy duty socket.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Thanks, its for running a peaklife gps, rating of 1.5amp, the cigarette adapter Tha came with it got blew as well not sure what happened.. Might have got water on it, wonder is there a rubber cover that could be purchased to cover against rain when in use.

• Premium Member
the socket itself it quite able to cope with rain - same one that I had on my Super Tenere and the way it is designed, rain cannot get at the positive connector - the bike's earth is the frame so getting wet does not matter.

You may need to rainproof the satnav connecors - if it's a USB type then you can get a rubber boot - one was supplied with my 12V to 5V socket
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

the power outlet has a low fuse rating so you can't run thing with motors like a tyre pump - it's just for phones, satnavs and other low power, electronic devices - there are 2 fuse boxes, both under the rider's seat. The fuse positions are detailed in the owner's manual - page 6-32 in the Tracer/UK version of the manual, page 7-32 in the N America manual. 
You will need a 2A fuse in position 6 for Aux fuse 1. Don't be tempted to use a large fuse as the wiring to the socket may not be able to take the current for a 15A tyre pump like the Slime Power Sport - these should be run directly from the battery using croc-clips or a separate heavy duty socket.

That sux, I keep a tire patch kit and Slime pump in my tailbag. Good to know I should't plug it into the socket like I would my other bike. I think it has alligator clips also. Thx for the heads up.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

• Premium Member
the power outlet has a low fuse rating so you can't run thing with motors like a tyre pump 

That sux, I keep a tire patch kit and Slime pump in my tailbag. [...] Thx for the heads up.
I second that thanks, I probably wouldn't have even given it a thought until I was stuck in the middle of nowhere with a flat.  One more reason to add an SAE pigtail.  That's been on the list for awhile, maybe I'll go do that now. <wanders off> 
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

The fuse for the Aux socket is located behind the right front panel (Indicator) on UK bikes. I know this as tried running a compressor on it the other day.!!
Same here. The socket doesn't agree with compressors it seems. That sucks.

I blew it running my iPhone with the TomTom app. I have since hard wired (with appropriate fuses) both my Satnav and mobile phone charger.
That's interesting... I've run both a TomTom GPS unit on the outlet as well as my iPhone running any number of different GPS / trip tracking programs, and have never had that kind of a problem.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

What size is the fuse?
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• 2 years later...

Archived