Hepco & Becker Engine Guard

Installed these the other day, very nice bit of kit. Well made and finished in a wrinkle/textured black. The crash-pad is different from the promotional material, and I would say the supplied pad looks better all around. I like them. Arrived nicely packed from MotoMachine.
http://i.imgur.com/QNlcmyx.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FWXcaQq.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/pYc8HEE.jpg

Coming to you from the frozen wastelands of the barren north

How was the install process? I was actually wondering which crash pads Hepco & Becker would include in this engine guard; they provided us with pictures of both this one and the one we showed on the product description page.
absolutely simple install, (four supplied engine mount bolts) one side at a time to maintain engine mount integrity. I prefer the provided crash-pad and bar finish over the early images of the bars that I saw. H&B products are manufactured and finished to a very nice standard. 

• 3 weeks later...
Definitely endorse the Hepco-Becker bars--I had a set on my V-Strom that I really liked--they were the only ones I found that actually looked like they were designed for the bike-much like these. Still deciding whether I will put a set of bars or a set of R&G sliders on my FJ-09.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you tell me where you ordered it? It looks so nice.
Moto Machines is a forum vender and supporter that distributes Hepco & Becker products. I bought my bars through them and was very satisfied with their service and the H&B bars are a very nice product. 

• Premium Member
It appears to me that these bars protect the radiator more than anything. That alone makes them worthwhile I think. I've been concerned by how vulnerable the radiator appears to be on the FJ-09. It reminds me of the VF700F Interceptor I had years ago. The vulnerable upper radiator was just one of the many problems with that bike.

A little hard to tell exactly what they'll protect and what they won't until you field test them, I suppose.

I do know, however, that Hepco & Becker makes all their engine and tank guards shaped specifically to allow for the maximum amount of protection, while incorporating the least amount of material possible. For that reason is why I believe they included the crash-pad along with the FJ-09's engine guard, for better protection support regardless of the angle of a possible crash.

After installing my H&B guards I gently laid the bike over on the left side to check the ststor housing/left engine case. The crash-pads are what holds the bike off the ground along with other hard points like the foot pegs, center and side stand and handle bar end.

Archived