Oh she done messed up now! FNG checking in...

So... I'm in my 30's and have been thinking lately about getting back on two wheels and was considering a Harley since I"m not 20 anymore and have no desire to drag knees or go 100mph everywhere...  I've always had Yammies (YZ-125, V-star 650, FZ-6) and 1 triumph speed triple that left me walking multiple times. Anyway, I thought yea, lets get a big old HD and cruise the island as we recently moved to the pacific NW.

Just when I thought I had it sorted I visited the Yamaha website for the hell of it and the e-mail I sent to my wife was titled "F-U Yamaha!" because there it was, like blam! Everything I ever wanted in a bike...

windscreen (adjustable)? check
triple? check
luggage? check
Yamaha? CHECK!
heated grips? check
ABS? check
traction control? check
center stand? check
wind hand deflector thingies? check
and on and on.. checkity check check check!

So she replied back and was like "well... just go get one".. I sat back in my chair and was like "aww hell naw[span]! you serious?" (she was, thank goodness I'd been saving my pennies so can just pay cash for one)

Anyway, going to try and source/collect one of these machines as soon as I can and my amazon wish list is now full with bits and bobs cause you know, it's all about making it your own...

Thought it was pretty cool there is already a dedicated forum to these things. I hope the reliability I always came to expect from Yamaha is still there! Tons of great info here already! Biggest issue at the moment? I can't choose a color, part of me hopes the dealer will only have one or the other to make it easy on me haha!

So.. there ya go... Friggin' new guy checkin' in!

[/span]

[span] So.. there ya go... Friggin' new guy checkin' in!

[/span]
Welcome Friggin new guy. Lots of information here on the new FJ. Good luck on your search. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
Great story, good luck with the red one. You did want the faster one didn't you?amazon_zpsfidrgfkm.gif
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Great story, good luck with the red one. You did want the faster one didn't you?amazon_zpsfidrgfkm.gif
You know... at first I was thinking the gray one... but after seeing them side by side, DEFINATELY going with the red (faster) one. It's just such a shiny penny and really makes the carbon fiber plastics pop...

Archived