OSCO (One Second Chain Oiler) Mounted...

Due to the excellent reviews on this (Dutch) product (website link) and I don't like to take grease with me while I'm on the road I've purchased and mounted this smart little thingy...
What it does and how it works can be found on the website of the supplier mentioned above.
This how I've mounted it:
IMG_0213_zpslm7xok5x.jpg
Some installation highlights (click for bigger size):
th_IMG_0193_zpsnxfwie5i.jpg th_IMG_0194_zpsue3wjnih.jpg th_IMG_0197_zps8ojei5i6.jpg

OSCO provides a mount which I've painted black. I could mount it perfectly on the the additional sidecase bar which comes with the sidecase mounts from Yamaha. The provided foam pads are ticked on the side case mount and the OSCO is mounted tight against it..

th_IMG_0198_zpsmecz4opc.jpg th_IMG_0199_zpsktbd6loz.jpg th_IMG_0200_zpsewkrfqse.jpg

The tube was quite long, since the recommendation is not to cut it I've rolled it and it sticks underneath the OSCO. The tube piece visible has been covered in some black isolation tube since I didn't like the looks of it.Drilled a little hole in the chain protector where the tube goes through. Normally you would use the provided nipple but since I'm using a hugger that doesn't fit properly (and didn't like the looks either)...

th_IMG_0203_zpsakkwt4ay.jpg th_IMG_0206_zpsostytdwz.jpg th_IMG_0207_zpsew4jrgbd.jpg

Drilled an additional hole to mount the piece of metal provided with the OSCO which you can use to aim the tube properly above the chain.With the hugger mounted on top of it everything looks clean... :)

IMG_0208_zpsi0kgvtiw.jpg

..and...it works like a charm.... :)

• Premium Member
Let us know how it works over time. Do you see much elevation change on your rides? The last chain oiler I had would over-oil in the mountains due to pressure differential. It got so bad it started to oil my tire; not good!

Let us know how it works over time. Do you see much elevation change on your rides? The last chain oiler I had would over-oil in the mountains due to pressure differential. It got so bad it started to oil my tire; not good!
From the other riders I haven't heard anything like you describe...then again...my country is pretty flat... O_o
This week I'm heading to the Austrian & Italian Alps...so it will be a good test... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
We Brits could get the same effect when travelling to southern Europe as the higher ambient temperature reduces the viscosity. Scottoiler, probably the best known of these auto-oilers, make a different grade of oil for warmer temperatures.

I have a Tutoro chain oiler which is pretty controllable but if I was going to Italy I'd probably stick some thicker motor oil in there e.g.20W/50 which is commonly used in large twin cylinder bikes or very old cars. I'm currently working my way through some Oregon 2 stroke oil for lawn mowers etc as my tools are all electric now. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

We Brits could get the same effect when travelling to southern Europe as the higher ambient temperature reduces the viscosity. Scottoiler, probably the best known of these auto-oilers, make a different grade of oil for warmer temperatures. 
I have a Tutoro chain oiler which is pretty controllable but if I was going to Italy I'd probably stick some thicker motor oil in there e.g.20W/50 which is commonly used in large twin cylinder bikes or very old cars. I'm currently working my way through some Oregon 2 stroke oil for lawn mowers etc as my tools are all electric now. 
As replied earlier I just got back from Italy/Austria and had zero issues...even the excessive heat (36 degrees Celsius) last week wasn't any issue. 

Archived